WTB: Smittybilt Security Storage Vault (2761) YJ/TJ/LJ Done Deal, Bought a Tuffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a comment. I have one of those in my TJ. It has been very useful but…..

1) It rattled incessantly. The latch is not sufficient to prevent that. I largely fixed the problem by attaching a rubber block to the rear of the tailgate that presses against the drawer when it is closed.

2) The drawer rails are insufficiently strong and will wear out if you carry much in the drawer. I am on my third set.

3) It is unbelievably heavy, heavier than it needs to be.

4) It is rated for 350 lbs. Don’t even think about carrying more than 100 lbs in the drawer! It will break the rails. You can carry any amount of stuff you want on the top though.

Having said that, it has been an ok solution for me. Or maybe I should say the only solution I could find.

Last edited:
Reactions: NOTNSUV
Thanks for the feedback. Smittybilt no longer makes these and they are OOS everywhere, confirmed with the manufacturer. Closest they have is for the JK/JL.

Alternative is big bucks and I'm not sure I want one that is a tall as the fender wells.
https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...eats-must-be-removed-on-non-unlimited-models/.

And add $130 for the divider set.

Thanks for this link , I found just the trunk enclosure $289.00 . I was going to make one out of some 1/2" Ply I have and cover it in matching blue carpet , but I like this and much easier , bolts in no drilling. I love this it's perfect for the lockable trunk I wanted to create , glad someone was thinking along the same lines.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
Status
Not open for further replies.