Tennessee Smoky Mtn. Jeep Invasion 2021

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
Once again Chris has appointed @Hog ,@John Cooper and myself to represent the forum at this event.

They have gone up as the advance team and to see if I have any warrants in that area, then Saturday I’m violating parole and crossing state lines to go.

Right now our plans are to break wind at the Rough Country booth, give JK owners a google link to the Sevierville Mall and generally be ourselves.

As your representatives we need your ideas to make this year another success, so chime in -

and please remember, Jeeps aren’t really very fast, so don’t get us in too much trouble, we’d hate to have to fight our way out.

We made the advanced trip up yesterday now as I type this after midnight. We set up camp in Townsend, TN to scope out the Jeep scene.

Here is our camp.
20210826_154909_copy_800x600.jpg

Sitting on the river bank.
20210826_200045_copy_800x600.jpg

When we came into the campground this was set up a few sites down from us, I was instantly in love!!!!
20210826_191150_copy_800x600.jpg
20210826_191010_copy_800x600.jpg

Yes it's not a huge tent like ours, but talk about convenient!!!

This whatever it used to be pulled in a while after we did, not sure if it started life as a Gladiator or what, and maybe the owner needed a work vehicle. It's definitely different and surely not my cup of tea!!!!!
20210826_191124_copy_800x600.jpg
20210826_191055_copy_800x600.jpg
20210826_191106_copy_800x600.jpg

Reactions: Zorba
We have to make a whirlwind trip back to the house today for a funeral. When we get back this afternoon I will be checking with the locals to make sure @AndyG and @Hog don't have any outstanding warrants from last years event!!!!! You really have to watch those 2 out in public around JK and JL owners. They have been known to hurt those folks feelings and make them run to a safe space!!!!!

We have to make a whirlwind trip back to the house today for a funeral. When we get back this afternoon I will be checking with the locals to make sure @AndyG and @Hog don't have any outstanding warrants from last years event!!!!! You really have to watch those 2 out in public around JK and JL owners. They have been known to hurt those folks feelings and make them run to a safe space!!!!!
He’a the one that peed in the guys’ JKR tank, not us.

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
Alright we made the whirlwind trip 150 miles up here yesterday, then 300 or so round trip today I am worn out right now!!!!! I did take the full doors off and put the 1/2 doors on and removed the windows!!!!!
20210827_173517_copy_800x600.jpg

We stopped at the Apple Valley Cafe right as you come into Townsend. They sure do have good food!!!!
20210827_165017_copy_800x600.jpg
20210827_165013_copy_800x600.jpg

Well all I can say is there was more jeeps than you could stir with a stick!!!!!
20210828_095631_copy_800x600.jpg
20210828_095625_copy_800x600.jpg
20210828_095618_copy_800x600.jpg

Vendors out the Butt!!!!!!! And hot as the devils toes!!!!! Inside the civic center was wall to wall people.

All in all it was a good day and we had a blast!!!!

Well the is a rumor going around that 2 TJ's got ducked today!!!! Needless to say, mine wasn't one of them!!!!!!!

Well, here is a little more to the story-things got complicated-

@Hog and I are really trying to keep @John Cooper out of trouble, so we told him not to use his real name (we have a lot of experience in this sort of thing) - well, to make it more complicated he has been having bouts of amnesia, then today he had a mild sun stroke and of all things forgot that he didn’t know who he was... so now we can’t go back for sure.

We are really trying. Don’t even ask him about the fact that one of @Hog’s restaurant competitors has burned to the ground on Wears Valley Road. Sorta weird he knew about it, like practically before it happened. I do have a text where he said he was “camping” and sitting “by the fire.”

Pray for us.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hog and John Cooper
Well all I can say is there was more jeeps than you could stir with a stick!!!!!View attachment 273653View attachment 273654View attachment 273655
Vendors out the Butt!!!!!!! And hot as the devils toes!!!!! Inside the civic center was wall to wall people.

All in all it was a good day and we had a blast!!!!
One year they estimated 10,000 Jeeps came, and I’m confident it has grown then-

You know all those days you drive your jeep and don’t get to show it off to other Jeep folks? Well, this a dream come true- it is actually weird to look at an intersection and see 4-8 jeeps coming into it on each road at times.

Reactions: Hog and John Cooper
I was supposed to be there working the BFG booth with the Marketing Team. Got Covid and after a hospital stay had to cancel my trip. Really wanted to be there just to see it. Drove through last year during the event but didn't have time to check anything out. Maybe next year.

Reactions: John Cooper and Hog
I was supposed to be there working the BFG booth with the Marketing Team. Got Covid and after a hospital stay had to cancel my trip. Really wanted to be there just to see it. Drove through last year during the event but didn't have time to check anything out. Maybe next year.
Glad you are ok 👍🏻

Reactions: John Cooper
Glad you are doing better!!!