Snatch block recommendations?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
The TRE snatch block is out of stock. Anyone got any good recommendations for a snatch block for use with my synthetic rope?

I've used a snatch block maybe twice in all the years I've been wheeling. I'd probably just wait until they get them back in stock. The steel ones like Warn are unwieldy and heavy as hell.

I've used a snatch block maybe twice in all the years I've been wheeling. I'd probably just wait until they get them back in stock. The steel ones like Warn are unwieldy and heavy as hell.

Yeah, I didn’t want one that is heavy as hell. I’m not sure I will ever use it, just wanted one to add to my bag. Maybe I’ll just wait in that case.

Reactions: pagrey
I got one off of eBay from a company called Air On Board that came with a ring and soft shackle for like $80. It’s probably not made in the USA, but it gets the job done.

Reactions: Chris
Call them and they will add you to a list and let you know when they are back in stock. thing is amazing I would (I did) just wait.

Reactions: Chris and JMT
Ricky said they should have more in stock next week, so I guess I’ll just hold off 👍
Make sure you buy one as soon as they become available. When I bought mine, they became available in the morning and were sold out by the afternoon.

Does anyone here carry 3 snatch blocks so they can pull the Jeep backwards with the front mounted winch?
Running the line under the Jeep is the only practical way to do that which only requires one block. If you anchor in front and in the rear you will likely just do a sideways pull and I guess that's not really bad. With steel line it is not so difficult, not as easy with synthetic because you can snap the line on any sharp edge under the Jeep.