Snowblower Questions

So I guess I went overkill a couple of years ago and ordered this Arians 28 deluxe SHO??? and had it shipped in from a Chicago dealer..BTW they say my town only averages 28" per year...although we have had storms that dumped more than that at once.
View attachment 298221
Man, that thing looks like it could suck up a squirrel - and it would come out unscathed...

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
So I guess I went overkill a couple of years ago and ordered this Arians 28 deluxe SHO??? and had it shipped in from a Chicago dealer..BTW they say my town only averages 28" per year...although we have had storms that dumped more than that at once.
View attachment 298221
may have to look at getting one of those shipped here , we have no local dealers ! :ROFLMAO:

Finally went through the first tank of fuel in the snowblower. It snowed about 3" last night.

20211230_113355.jpg

20211230_113404.jpg

Of course I ran out of fuel right at the end of my driveway. But no big deal.

Storm watch has been upgraded to a storm warning. Wondering how much snow I'll get tomorrow & Monday? Super glad I put that new engine on my snowblower.

Winter Storm Warning issued January 01 at 12:52PM PST until January 03 at 4:00PM PST by NWS Pendleton

East Slopes of the Washington Cascades

...THE WINTER STORM WATCH HAS BEEN UPGRADED TO A WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM SUNDAY TO 4 PM PST MONDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 12 to 20 inches. Winds could gusts as high as 40 mph.

* WHERE...East Slopes of the Washington Cascades.

* WHEN...From 4 PM Sunday to 4 PM PST Monday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Light snow will begin by Sunday evening and gradually become heavier overnight. This combined with gusty winds will cause blowing snow and poor visibility for travelers.

If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.

You guys are getting more snow than us! The Seattle airport has been a mess the last few days, I know a bunch of people that have been stuck down there

You guys are getting more snow than us! The Seattle airport has been a mess the last few days, I know a bunch of people that have been stuck down there

It hasn't snowed here at my place that much compared to other years but the snow on the westside is very unusual. I've seen it snow and even snow heavy but it's normally gone within a week. It's not normal for it to stay as long as it has and the temps over there are lower than usual.

Well it's snowing like crazy right now. It's been coming down for about an hour maybe a little longer and we've got a inch so far.

20220102_215650.jpg

The most recent forecast for my area was 4-8" possible between tonight and tomorrow night.

20220102_215702.jpg

Here is Nashville last night we picked up about 4” - after being in the 60’s day before yesterday.

Can I borrow your snow blower Rick?

🙂

• Wow
Reactions: Wildman
The accumulated snow on the trailer so far this winter is just under 18". I've had more before but it's a pretty good snow pack at this point in the season.

Snoqualmie pass & White pass are both closed right now due to avalanche dangers so I'm pretty sure I won't be going over to the VA tomorrow. Will have to reschedule for at least a week from now so things have time to improve.

20220103_091309.jpg

The saga of the POS snowblower continues. Was out clearing my driveway this morning and the shift linkage for the forward and reverse finally gave up the ghost. It had always been hard shifting but something got even more bent on it and I couldn't get it out of reverse. I took it apart hoping that there was some type of adjustment but there isn't. I "think" that the steel rod of the linkage is bent in such a way as to not allow it to shift correctly now. And OF COURSE this part is discontinued and I can't find it anyplace.

Seriously thinking about getting a new one right now. Hate to spend the monies on it since I hope to only be here for one more winter but I don't know what else to do. Other than bend the rod back to where I THINK it's supposed to be then put it all back together and see if it'll work. Then if not take it all back apart and try again until I get it right I guess. But then I've got to do something to keep it from bending again.

if you were to move to ALABAMA it would solve all your snow blower problems ! :)

Believe me my goal in the next couple of years is to not be here for winter anymore. But I need a snowblower until then and this old POS is irritating me.
I can't complain much about it as I got it by trading a old S10 Blazer that I'd bought for $200 for it. And it's been OK just never great. I borrowed my neighbors unit one day when mine was broken and it was night and day difference in how they worked. Mine takes a LOT of energy while the neighbors just seemed to glide thru stuff.

There was a TIME I loved the snow but I'm getting OLD and want to just visit it when I want instead of living in it.