• eyesore
  • yellow scoop may not match your color scheme
  • changes jeep handling
  • where do you put it in the summer
  • likely attracts a certain type of woman

Pros:
  • removes snow

Uh...only advice I can give is NOT to do it. Get an old, HD truck to plow with. If you LIKE the TJ, you're going to ruin it in short time plowing with it. If you are just looking for a plow vehicle, there are MUCH better vehicles to use than a lightweight TJ.

Personally I wouldn't put a full scale plow on the Jeep because of some of the reasons already listed, but I have seen some people use a small atv plow with some success if you're just looking to plow your driveway

Reactions: srimes
I've had a plow for my LJ for about ten years now. It does a very good job, these are a few shots from this past January and you can see the snow piled up at the end of the driveway higher than the hood of the Jeep.

Jan2022Snow.jpg

Jan2022Snow2.jpg

It's a 7' plow, power lift (electric) and manual angle.

Plow22a.jpg

I usually install the plow just before Thanksgiving because it often snows here (upstate NY) in mid-November and I take it off around the end of March because any snow in April is likely to melt within a day. The LJ spends those months sitting in the garage facing out so it's ready to plow its way out.

Plow22b.jpg

Once the plow comes off, the LJ becomes a daily driver and expedition Jeep until the plow goes on again. I usually do two trips out west each year to do trails and exploration, this photo was taken about a month ago at the end of a trail to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, the plow went on two weeks after this photo was taken.

DiamondCreekRiver.jpg

The LJ now has 210,000 miles and it's been doing this plowing/expedition routine for over 10 years now and the plowing hasn't caused any damage to the LJ, it's still very robust and reliable on the trail and on the road.

Cons:
  • heavy
  • big
  • eyesore
  • yellow scoop may not match your color scheme
  • changes jeep handling
  • where do you put it in the summer

Pros:
  • removes snow
Pro:
Great for getting through protester that have glued their hands to the roadway.

My first Jeep back in the early 70s was a 69 CJ5 with a Meyers snow plow. This isn't it. I was a broke young student then and couldn't afford a camera. It was the same as this one except that the half cab, steel doors and wheels were white, the grill was red and the plow was yellow. Like the plow they were also from Meyers. Also, no racing stripe or Mickey Mouse ear roof lights.

Pros ... it pretty much paid my way through college.
Cons ... I looked like a dork driving it around when not plowing.
Pros ... I picked up a few odd jobs ... while driving around looking like a dork.
Cons ... I don't have it anymore. 😢

1969 - CJ5.png

Last edited:
Uh...only advice I can give is NOT to do it. Get an old, HD truck to plow with. If you LIKE the TJ, you're going to ruin it in short time plowing with it. If you are just looking for a plow vehicle, there are MUCH better vehicles to use than a lightweight TJ.

Actually, in many areas, smaller TJ sized plow rigs are IDEAL, especially if they're mainly going to be used in personal driveways or small parking lots.

Reactions: hosejockey61