So I bought Chinese Tires

dylansalrin

Orthopedic Circulator
Supporting Member
Got a few parts in the mail still for running (or preparing to) 35" tires. In the meantime, I needed something dirt cheap yet reliable to throw on for a month or so as this is my DD. It's a unique size so Craigslist wasn't my friend.

I ordered some 33x12r16 Chinese mud terrains for $140 a tire new. Hard to beat it. As they are only temporary I figured I didn't need to waste funds on 33" KM2s. They aren't half bad looking though I'll give them that. I'll post pictures and a full review when I get them to my door/installed. So far there isn't a single review of them or a customer picture to be found.
Fingers crossed.
_2.jpg

Interesting, I didn't even know the Chinese were making tires. Go figure though, I guess I should have known better.

Let us know how they hold up. I know that people used to talk crap about the Korean tires (i.e. Kumho) when they hit the market. I have used many a Kumho tire on my BMWs during numerous track days. I can say with 100% certainty that they build a good tire, that is priced cheaper than many of the other brands.

Well you can't beat the price.
I've ran Nexen tires on my daughter's cars and i believe they were Chinese tires, cheap but held up well.

Chinese M/T tires were huge in Guam when i was there. No one would/could get actual USA made mud terrains. Shipping was never worth it. Can't remember the name. Results were what you would expect although nothing to really compare it against. Nothing made it seem cheap off road. Same for road.

Only advice here I can give with confidence is be careful when it's wet pavement. Friend had some in Guam on his XJ and it struggled for grip on wet surfaces.

Interesting, I didn't even know the Chinese were making tires. Go figure though, I guess I should have known better.

Let us know how they hold up. I know that people used to talk crap about the Korean tires (i.e. Kumho) when they hit the market. I have used many a Kumho tire on my BMWs during numerous track days. I can say with 100% certainty that they build a good tire, that is priced cheaper than many of the other brands.

You had a bmw??? and now a Prius? (; quite the jump

You had a bmw??? and now a Prius? (; quite the jump
When I was younger and single, I used to have a BMW M3 and an M5. As I got older (and married with kids) things changed!

These days we just have the TJ and a 2015 Subaru Outback.

The Prius was the wife's car. She didn't own it for that long before we replaced it with the Outback.

Reactions: dylansalrin
7dfdddb1-45c4-4a82-a2b7-85910eb23502_1.2dbe5ebed86023b264c4f0f25c158f11.jpg

They have these at Wally-World for 162 a pop for 305/70R16 (close to your size). There was a discussion about them a while back. I think they actually get decent reviews...Chinese import.

Reactions: Chris
Im driving on Windforce Catchfors AT that came with some wheels i bought, and i have to say other than the wear and the trouble with balance they are great tires:jaja-no:

They produce it to the point the US government has to lift an excess of production kind of ban that not allow their tires to enter in the USA. Not sure if you ever heard about Federal tires, they built mud tires, and I do believed are going to open a plant in USA soon. Southern states like SC, GA, TN are housing many of this Korean and Chinese tire plants.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Got a few parts in the mail still for running (or preparing to) 35" tires. In the meantime, I needed something dirt cheap yet reliable to throw on for a month or so as this is my DD. It's a unique size so Craigslist wasn't my friend.

I ordered some 33x12r16 Chinese mud terrains for $140 a tire new. Hard to beat it. As they are only temporary I figured I didn't need to waste funds on 33" KM2s. They aren't half bad looking though I'll give them that. I'll post pictures and a full review when I get them to my door/installed. So far there isn't a single review of them or a customer picture to be found.
Fingers crossed.
View attachment 20109
Sure resembles the Goodyear Authority...
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-Wrangler-Authority-Tire-LT265-70R17C/11983163?wmlspartner=wmtlabs&adid=22222222222009792990&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=e&wl1=o&wl2=t&wl3=10364155895&wl4=kwd-1103084997067&wl12=11983163_0&wl14=goodyear authority&veh=sem

Last edited:
View attachment 20122

They have these at Wally-World for 162 a pop for 305/70R16 (close to your size). There was a discussion about them a while back. I think they actually get decent reviews...Chinese import.
I'm running the Antares Deep Digger's, and loving them so far. A lot of guys here are running them now since they are so cheap and getting great reviews. I paid $700 CAD (approx. $550 USD) all in for four 33x12.5x15's. I have just under 10,000 on them, and they are wearing great.

Reactions: Mike_H and JMT
non related question. When i install my spacers, should I use red loctite? how much should I order assuming they come in 6ml tubes? I am using 4 spacers and not sure if one 6 ml tube will cover all four wheels.

non related question. When i install my spacers, should I use red loctite? how much should I order assuming they come in 6ml tubes? I am using 4 spacers and not sure if one 6 ml tube will cover all four wheels.
I have always used Locktite like I use superglue. A few drips is better than a huge gloob of it. I think a few drips per stud should be fine. Maybe two bottles for all four corners...

Reactions: dylansalrin
Super pumped! Just got the tires from FedEx! They look absolutely monstrous. Almost an exact copy of the TOYO MT. If there was ever a question on how many 33" tires anyone can fit in a jeep. The answer is 5 lol. Kinda hating that all 33" tires are actually 32s but whatever. Still look bad ass in my opinion. Getting them on the jeep tomorrow evening so I will have a full review in 2 days [emoji1360]
24f68f8602caf81df1c85f28ef9e3d22.jpg
a3c966da3352ee5185a8d40ed6dac10b.jpg
e0a77aaf61943e89afceb80b08008bcd.jpg
9b4c8b52293cb96cf90e3909ab796962.jpg
1f16686332d689b829c92f017ecb325e.jpg