So I bought Chinese Tires

Super pumped! Just got the tires from FedEx! They look absolutely monstrous. Almost an exact copy of the TOYO MT. If there was ever a question on how many 33" tires anyone can fit in a jeep. The answer is 5 lol. Kinda hating that all 33" tires are actually 32s but whatever. Still look bad ass in my opinion. Getting them on the jeep tomorrow evening so I will have a full review in 2 days [emoji1360]View attachment 20220View attachment 20221View attachment 20222View attachment 20223View attachment 20224
That tire converts to 32.8". That's very close to a true 33" Tell me what they measure when you get them mounted up! Nice!

Reactions: Chris
I look forward to seeing them mounted and hearing how the perform. Hey, this could be a decent solution for people looking for tires on a budget. I mean hell, if you're going to destroy them off-road, why have to pay top dollar, right?

Reactions: dylansalrin
Why pay top dollar? So you get the full life out of the tire. Tires are just like anything else. You get what to you pay for. Typically, a cheap tire will wear quickly or lose traction as it wears, have awful wet weather or snow handling, etc. There is a big compromise somewhere. Dylan has the right idea, run them for a little bit, than upgrade. Should be able to sell them for half or so when he gets to that point.

Why pay top dollar? So you get the full life out of the tire. Tires are just like anything else. You get what to you pay for. Typically, a cheap tire will wear quickly or lose traction as it wears, have awful wet weather or snow handling, etc. There is a big compromise somewhere. Dylan has the right idea, run them for a little bit, than upgrade. Should be able to sell them for half or so when he gets to that point.

Very true! Though I thought the same thing about Kumho tires when they were just hitting the market. How could they be good, yet be so much cheaper than the other brands.

I was proven wrong though. I got plenty of life out of my first set of Kumhos, and they performed exceptionally well.

Do I expect the same from a Chinese tire... Eh, not so much. However, I'm always happy to be proven wrong. I suppose we'll see!

Me personally, I'm sticking to my Goodyears. But everyone who knows me, already knows that!

Very true! Though I thought the same thing about Kumho tires when they were just hitting the market. How could they be good, yet be so much cheaper than the other brands.

I was proven wrong though. I got plenty of life out of my first set of Kumhos, and they performed exceptionally well.

Do I expect the same from a Chinese tire... Eh, not so much. However, I'm always happy to be proven wrong. I suppose we'll see!

Me personally, I'm sticking to my Goodyears. But everyone who knows me, already knows that!

Chris and his duratracs... talk about a horrible tire in the rain(;

This is how I look at it. I can get two sets of the Chinese tires for what a set of name brand tires would cost me. Even if they only last 70% as long (I dare say it'll be higher than that) as the name brand tires, I'm still ahead of the game.

I know name brand tires are quite a bit cheaper in the US compared to Canada, so the advantages to you might not be as great as they are to us up here.

Wow what a day. Let's just say hood pins are a PITA to install on our hoods. And I thought cutting the fenders off would be easy... ANYWAY. I got the tires put on tonight but the hubcentric spacers I bought are 3mm too small to fit over the hub.... I was so upset. I still told them to install the tires and so I have barely any turning radius. Luckily I don't work tomorrow so I am bringing all 4 spacers to a machine shop to get the center holes bored out 2mm. Here are some pictures of them. When they are aired up they measure just over 32.5". They are noisey but I love that loud noise mud terrains make at high speeds. Especially because this treat pattern sounds like a turbo slowing down ha. I think they look really nice, but can't wait to see them kicked out an inch on each side and no fenders.
de94a641d81ba912583ef557f69a74ee.jpg
96f7b0de4ff1e011064cab22f233b1c9.jpg
bc101bd726a73726ca30c827831ce12f.jpg
a4c7a5f56b5b303ed839b8b87c4c3b82.jpg
358d742df0d09cfff1cfb1f878138c32.jpg
33601312238595fbf74b59aa898ac4fc.jpg

Reactions: UpperMI and JMT
It's raining Sunday so I will tell everyone how they handle in a storm and I'll try to get off-road soon to test their grip. So far I'm pretty impressed. They are very heavy though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT and derekmac
Those look good man!

Every single wheel / tire shop I've ever been to, say they will not install wheel spacers, and that I'd have to install them myself. Apparently it's a liability issue, which makes perfect sense if you think about it.

Anyways, I like the look, and I anticipate your long term review on them. Keep us posted!

Those look good man!

Every single wheel / tire shop I've ever been to, say they will not install wheel spacers, and that I'd have to install them myself. Apparently it's a liability issue, which makes perfect sense if you think about it.

Anyways, I like the look, and I anticipate your long term review on them. Keep us posted!

Yea this shop is a mom and pop type shop that I usually bring all my stuff I can't do myself to. Good people that just like to help out. They had no issues throwing them on there but they said they were too small. I was so bummed. Buddy in my local club sold them to me new still in package and they are wrong :/

This tire is actually extremely impressive. I'd say they handled in the rain just as well as my Cooper ATPs. It feels like dry pavement with these things. I'm not suprised as the tread pattern is the same of the highly desirable Toyo MT. I attached the specs from the manufacturer below as well as a pic for attention. Lol
d15cd0cc8f96d65969235fb0611e7f7d.jpg

cf5fd30a3451b5e2c539f0c1febe39ed.jpg

This tire is actually extremely impressive. I'd say they handled in the rain just as well as my Cooper ATPs. It feels like dry pavement with these things. I'm not suprised as the tread pattern is the same of the highly desirable Toyo MT. I attached the specs from the manufacturer below as well as a pic for attention. Lol
View attachment 20376
View attachment 20377
What's your plan for fenders?

View attachment 20376
View attachment 20377

Now that it’s been about a year can you give an update on how you like them and how they are holding up?