So I bought Chinese Tires

Now that it’s been about a year can you give an update on how you like them and how they are holding up?

Really like them. Put on a little over 10k miles and use it as my daily. I prefer these tires over the duratracs actually. Never any handling problems. I rotate the spare and still have tons of tread left. The only negative is that I have to have them rebalanced every 6000 miles but I got them the warranty at discount tire for $25 a tire and it’s free lifetime rebalancing
c4e162bf43703c8b56e701f7df2b6bb7.jpg
d3aa94d72122a7f8c9932c0f2ed89924.jpg
b8e16e23b94453f8f2dd41c73a7aa133.jpg

Really like them. Put on a little over 10k miles and use it as my daily. I prefer these tires over the duratracs actually. Never any handling problems. I rotate the spare and still have tons of tread left. The only negative is that I have to have them rebalanced every 6000 miles but I got them the warranty at discount tire for $25 a tire and it’s free lifetime rebalancing View attachment 48587View attachment 48588View attachment 48589

what flares did you go with? those look bad ass

Reactions: billiebob
Really like them. Put on a little over 10k miles and use it as my daily. I prefer these tires over the duratracs actually. Never any handling problems. I rotate the spare and still have tons of tread left. The only negative is that I have to have them rebalanced every 6000 miles but I got them the warranty at discount tire for $25 a tire and it’s free lifetime rebalancing View attachment 48587View attachment 48588View attachment 48589

I’ve been thinking of selling my Duratracs to get mudtires but we do take long interstate trips so I’m a little concerned about the noise. I’m happy with the Duratracs, they aren’t very loud. I know it’s been a year or so since you were riding on a different tire and you mentioned these new tires sound kind of like a turbo spinning down. What do you think about the volume level of the tires? Are they pretty loud where your having to turn up the radio or talk over them?

Last edited:
Reactions: dylansalrin
I’ve been thinking of selling to Duratracs to get mudtires but we do take several hour long interstate trips so I’m a little concerned about the noise. I’m happy with the Duratracs, they aren’t very loud. I know it’s been a year or so since you were riding on a different tire and you mentioned these new tires sound kind of like a turbo spinning down. What do you think about the volume level of the tires? Are they pretty loud where your having to turn up the radio or talk over them?

They aren’t as loud as my soft top is at highway speeds.

Reactions: Xposure

I'd imagine you've got close to the end of these tires life.....any update? How many miles did you get out of them? As they wore down did you run into any issues such as them getting louder or bad on wet pavement, not riding smooth, etc?

Thanks!

Reactions: Tjrubicon
I just wanted to add that I had some Maxtrek MudTrac tires. They were excellent in all conditions, well protected side wall, I use to flog them hard on my landcruiser and they lasted. Just get ones with deep siping and you'll be fine.