So I ordered doors from Lowe’s, twice

rasband

Dickhead 🍆
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
My wife and I are working to make our cookie cutter house less so. I’ve done the flooring on the main floor along with a few upgrades (removing a half wall, expanding a closet, updating the stairs) and we’ve moved on to replacing the doors. Like most things they’re backordered.

The first set arrived with minor damage to the casing which I could deal with and a bit of rubbing.

Now the second set several months later. No protection, no wrap, nothing. I don’t know how the store accepted this before sending them to me.

B63EBB23-C782-46C4-AB5F-64688AD1B93C.jpeg

0807FE9C-E237-4F94-8CF6-A1AE5BF13E77.jpeg

74A831BE-B1B2-46CD-9F6C-D956C0160A2F.jpeg

CA592891-5866-46C4-B092-DDE93ADCE8DE.jpeg

2CE2370D-A62E-49DC-92E1-D36EAC62B271.jpeg

349E0209-9388-4FF8-A85C-5C55D0B99A6E.jpeg

9FB156F8-AB89-49BC-972F-30B0BFD0D97F.jpeg

066CAE62-944C-4C09-8A35-3EB4AEE8FF1D.jpeg

F3459386-0A5D-4506-AA00-35C09B6CFDEF.jpeg

That is completely unacceptable.
I emailed the sales guy we went through, I hope he views it similarly. Fortunately Lowe’s doesn’t have us sign off to accept anything on delivery - so I feel like we have most the standing.

And I agree. I could get past some minor things that we’d paint over anyway... not this.

I emailed the sales guy we went through, I hope he views it similarly. Fortunately Lowe’s doesn’t have us sign off to accept anything on delivery - so I feel like we have most the standing.

And I agree. I could get past some minor things that we’d paint over anyway... not this.

Yeah, they should take care of you. Lowe’s has been good to us on this type of stuff. Had a issue with a dishwasher and they refunded without issue, and it was a quick sale/scratch/dent item.

As a contractor, when quality matters, big box doesn't. Quality interior hollow core doors I usually order through a smaller local lumber yard which usually goes through a smaller local door company. Funny thing is, they're usually cheaper than big box!!

As a contractor, when quality matters, big box doesn't. Quality interior hollow core doors I usually order through a smaller local lumber yard which usually goes through a smaller local door company. Funny thing is, they're usually cheaper than big box!!
I’ll have to look for some that will work with me locally since there’s only so many door manufacturers that most resell anyway.

How many eyes looked upon those jacked up doors and said "they're fine"?
Too many people seem to not give a care anymore, it’s ridiculous.

• Sad
Reactions: L J and Apparition
JeepOnDecision has it right.

I'm not even a contractor but 20 years ago when building my bathroom in the basement I had so many problems with products from lowes and home depot that I wanted to burn them both down. The worst was that I thought there was some type of glue from the packaging on the front edge of my American Standard toilet that was made about 20 miles from my house. Stupid me installed it, used it, then tried to clean that glue off. Yes it was some type of glue, but not from packing wrap. It was covering a long skinny chip that I don't think came from the factory. I didn't want to bother cleaning it at all before I took it back but I kinda had to because I didn't have a pickup truck at the time and couldn't have it leaking crap in the wife's minivan.

If I had kept notes of all the I had to take back I think it'd be bigger than the Sears Christmas Catalogs Grandpa used to hang in the outhouse in January.

As little as I've used either since the then, I'm still not surprised by their inability to get something right.

Reactions: tworley
It's Lowes. The people working there aren't exactly the cream of the crop. I'm surprised the doors weren't broken in half when you got them.

It's Lowes. The people working there aren't exactly the cream of the crop. I'm surprised the doors weren't broken in half when you got them.
The sales guy we found was surprisingly great, he knew the products and design stuff very well. So while I think you’re often right, some people do care and do a good job. I hope he has the power to make it right.

Reactions: Apparition
The sales guy we found was surprisingly great, he knew the products and design stuff very well. So while I think you’re often right, some people do care and do a good job. I hope he has the power to make it right.

He must be new there. lol

Hopefully you get it straightened out.

Just like everywhere. You can go to a fast food restaurant and find an employee that really tries to make everything be as good as they can and then you'll open the box for your burger and realize the twit in back missed the damn sandwich with the pickle and then you take a sip of your coke and realize it's diet then the cold unsalted fries are up to bat.

Reactions: rasband
Just like everywhere. You can go to a fast food restaurant and find an employee that really tries to make everything be as good as they can and then you'll open the box for your burger and realize the twit in back missed the damn sandwich with the pickle and then you take a sip of your coke and realize it's diet then the cold unsalted fries are up to bat.

One time my brother and me went to a McDonald's in and absolute ghetto shithole. He ordered a cheeseburger. We sat down, he opened the wrapper, and it was two buns with a piece of cheese in it, no patty.

I shit you not.

• Haha
Gas hot water heater finally gave up after only 29 years. Looked online and Lowe's is selling AO Smith, which are supposed to be pretty good. Found what I wanted and headed to Lowe's. Found HW heaters, but could not find the model we wanted. Pushed "help" button - nothing. Went to Cust Svc, but line was 20 people long. Stood in checkout line for five minutes and asked checker if we could get some help with a hot water heater. She called somebody and said he will meet us in the aisle in two minutes. Waited ten minutes and gave up. Went to Home Depot. Found HW heaters, guy came right over and asked if we needed any help. Told him what I wanted. They sell Rheem. Got the natural gas powered, 50 gal tank. He gave me a tag and told me to meet him at the contractor pickup door. Went to the checkout with the tag, paid, got the car and met him at the door. He loaded it and told me if I had any problems installing it to call him. Gave me a card with his number on it.
I know Lowe's and Home Depot are used interchangeably a lot, but these were completely different experiences. No more Lowe's!