So I ordered doors from Lowe’s, twice

You should've seen the guy at the counters expression when he brought it up there and opened it up. My bro had a hamburger bun in each hand, holding them out like a butler holding platters of food.

You can say there was a pretty serious language barrier.
Had a feeling

I'll never forget the time I saw an adult ask somebody at the McDonalds counter to read the menu to him and no it wasn't cause he was blind. Dude was dressed like a pimp, for real.

Looks like some shit Home Depot pro would send out… I’m always receiving damaged goods from them. Luckily the sales rep I deal with is good about making things right..

Given the choice between the two, I'll take "Homeless Despot" over "Blowes", at least around here. I haven't had a horrid experience with either, but the level of idiocy I've seen at Blowes reminds me of Radio Shack back in the day...

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
Before lumber cost so much, I remember digging through the piles looking for 2x4x10s and 12s that didn't look like a corkscrew.

There is zero chance I'd have a big box deliver lumber unless the building plans were drawn by Dr. Suess.

Well the resolution is half my money back and I’ll not order from them again. They’ll look close to new when I’m done, but damn.

It’s not, but my wife made the final call - easy since I have to do all the work 😛. I wanted to drive up and toss em out in the Lowe’s pickup area.
Probably better to wheel them to the door sales area when busy and point out loudly how shitty they are and ask how they plan to rectify it without you having to become a door repairman.

At least it’s resolved.

• Haha
Reactions: rasband
Probably better to wheel them to the door sales area when busy and point out loudly how shitty they are and ask how they plan to rectify it without you having to become a door repairman.

At least it’s resolved.
It’s a good thing my wife tames me down, I wasn’t far off of that.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve ordered lumber from Lowes or Home Depot only to have it arrive with multiple seriously bowed two by fours.

Normally deliveries require a signature of acceptance, my thought is maybe since COVID that went away and delivery folks know it and don’t give a crap.

Reactions: Apparition
Normally deliveries require a signature of acceptance, my thought is maybe since COVID that went away and delivery folks know it and don’t give a crap.
It's Lowes. If you're not picking it out yourself, they've never given a crap

It’s not, but my wife made the final call - easy since I have to do all the work 😛. I wanted to drive up and toss em out in the Lowe’s pickup area.

Hell naw, take them by at 3:00AM and throw them through the big glass windows they have.