So Instant Air Supply died a while ago?

JamesAndTheSahara

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
So in December I contacted the owner wanting to make a purchase post Christmas for their sale. A day after Christmas I tried contacting him and no answer. Two days later he took down both his website and his facebook page. His personal email doesn’t net a response either. Its been nearly 2 months since the incident and no signs of the website or FB page making a comeback.. Did we lose another good company? :(

Yep, shut the doors.

Several friends running Nate's "owner" equipment and with great reviews.
Not sure why yet for the closure.

Yep, shut the doors.

Several friends running Nate's "owner" equipment and with great reviews.
Not sure why yet for the closure.

That is highly disappointing. I would love to know the reason if you ever found out. Going to have to make my own CO2 setup now.

I'm not even sure who these guys were?
Hence, why it is closed?
Nate did something very well, he undercut the monopoly on the CO2 market Powertank had. By 50%, but this could easily be the reason they went out business. The only person local to this forum I know running IAS was @bobthetj03.

Reactions: Chris
This is beat news. I always prefer the underdog in most cases. On the other hand, Powertank did message me on IG, asking that if I had any questions, they’ll be more than happy to help. Seem to be a well run company. But no, not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is highly disappointing. I would love to know the reason if you ever found out. Going to have to make my own CO2 setup now.

Nate did something very well, he undercut the monopoly on the CO2 market Powertank had. By 50%, but this could easily be the reason they went out business. The only person local to this forum I know running IAS was @bobthetj03.

Sad to hear this. It was just a side gig for Nate, so not super surprised. He's a true jeeper that wanted to help provide other jeepers with a quality product. Having his setup, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to put together a setup on your own. You can probably get a tank and a 150psi regulator from any welding supplier. The hose Nate used was top notch stuff, so you'll need to source that.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Sad to hear this. It was just a side gig for Nate, so not super surprised. He's a true jeeper that wanted to help provide other jeepers with a quality product. Having his setup, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to put together a setup on your own. You can probably get a tank and a 150psi regulator from any welding supplier. The hose Nate used was top notch stuff, so you'll need to source that.
Gonna have to piece my own up now. I’ll be asking your help JB :).

Pretty common in the offroad industry. I worked with a stellar local gas company to build simple basic kits using a unique refrigeration hose and basic regulator because that's all about 90% of us need. His cylinder supplier learned what he was doing, raised all his prices and then started their own version selling direct. Basically killed his Co2 offroad business. I'm still using my several set ups from him 15 years later and we've not had a single hose failure in all that time. Just good stuff. Sorry to see Nate go, he had it handled it seemed like.

Pretty common in the offroad industry. I worked with a stellar local gas company to build simple basic kits using a unique refrigeration hose and basic regulator because that's all about 90% of us need. His cylinder supplier learned what he was doing, raised all his prices and then started their own version selling direct. Basically killed his Co2 offroad business. I'm still using my several set ups from him 15 years later and we've not had a single hose failure in all that time. Just good stuff. Sorry to see Nate go, he had it handled it seemed like.
Have a reccomendation of another companies co2 system? Or just DIY now?

Have a reccomendation of another companies co2 system? Or just DIY now?
DIY and follow some basics. Coiled hoses suck, you don't need a tank pressure gauge because they are useless. Fixed psi regulators works for 99.9% of folks. Use aluminum tanks. If buying used, pay attention to the hydro test date. Don't buy a tank with a dip tube. Don't use Co2 with the tank laying down. Keep your quick disconnects out of the dirt.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
That's too bad, cutthroat business, that cylinder supplier should be ashamed of himself
Not that it matters but it gets worse. The champion knock off company, Transamerica who owns Smittybilt knocked off the power tank and guess what they call it? That's right, the Power Air Tank. That fucking place has exactly no shame whatsoever. Not that I give a shit what happens to Power Tank but at some point you'd think there is a line they won't cross.

Hate to revive an old thread but someone was cleaning out their closet and sold me their nate powdercoated IAS setup for $200. He never even put co2 in it and all hoses/fittings are unused (Tank certification is still good too). I’m stoked about this deal and wanted to share that I managed to find one!

B6CD0712-C152-43AA-93E3-C8D7C32B7D2D.jpeg
D732004A-0ECF-48C9-B291-169D83381B97.jpeg