So Instant Air Supply died a while ago?

I have a 5000 psi air compressor, would that work for filling tanks or do I need CO2?
You can fill carbon fiber wrapped SCBA breathing air tanks up to about 4500 which would work. There are a bunch of them available used for paint ball and high pressure air PCP pellet guns. I have 10 of the 45 minute rated versions. Did you used to fill SCUBA tanks?

Not much, I really dont know. I have only plugged it in once. Its a 3 cylinder pump that came from some old airplane that was converted to 120 volts with a new electric motor. It does get hot, real hot when pumping up...

I bought a 10lb from Nate awhile back, I priced it out cheaper to build your own but I enjoyed this one stop shop plus the powder coat was nice.

6949397D-F80D-4F4F-B71B-7E8D1AFDAE24.jpeg

I bought a 10lb from Nate awhile back, I priced it out cheaper to build your own but I enjoyed this one stop shop plus the powder coat was nice.

View attachment 72110

Are the ones Nate built aluminum or steel? I have a small nitrogen tank but it’s pretty heavy and bulky. It holds 5000 psi though so it would last a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, old thread, but I would really like to know the how to for one these. Were can I get a tank and what other parts am I gonna need. I would love to build one of these. Its a fantastic idea. Thanks

You need a tank and regulator, the tank needs to be in certification, look for nitrogen, CO2, or Aargon tanks, regulators need to go from 4000 psi and regulate down to about 90. You can get single and 2 stage regulators, you only need a single stage one. Once you have the tank and regulator, then you need a hose and fill adapater. Then you need someone to fill the tank. Tim

Reactions: TJ Starting
Would love to build one considering the cost of the Powertanks. Called a welding shop near me and the guy didn’t have any idea how to go about piecing one together. 🤯

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
@mrblaine you are gold! Really appreciate this information.

Sh#t....the ebay link isn’t working. If you give me a description, I’ll locate it on Ebay.

Reactions: fourpointzero
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.