So we bought a Jeep—2006 LJR

Got to test the new seats out, have to say my back loves them... they are far more comfortable than stock. I ended up lifting the rear up 3/4" though to tilt the base forward more, less pressure on the thigh.

Three days at Tillamook this weekend though and the seats were awesome.

Video (provided by friends) of my wife Tammy showing how much her driving and confidence has improved as I spotted her up the waterfall on Archers Firebreak trail.

It was a wild weekend, started with sun, ended with 30" of snow.

Last edited:
Yeah, we were going to go back the next day, but by then it was 8" under snow.... the day after that was closer to 30". Was an epic weekend!
1650032227047.jpeg
Morning of day 3.

Yeah but @Zorba won't be happy with the camera orientation
Hell, I'm not... my friends took the video while I was spotting her and I'm grateful... but it irks me to no end when people take video in portrait mode. To their defense, he has an Instagram channel that they post on so he's used to doing it that way, I guess it's the norm there. (I wouldn't know for sure).

Reactions: Apparition
Great driving! She has really good control and drives smoothly. That should be a promotional video for COOPER STT PROS, those are absolutely shit conditions and you had great traction! Backing up into mud with the spare is how i bent up my tailgate, did yours survive?

When you going out again locally, walker or reiter?

Great driving! She has really good control and drives smoothly. That should be a promotional video for COOPER STT PROS, those are absolutely shit conditions and you had great traction! Backing up into mud with the spare is how i bent up my tailgate, did yours survive?

When you going out again locally, walker or reiter?
tailgate is fine, I mitigate it by keeping 0 psi in the spare :)

I don't have plans specific at the moment... have a bunch of basement and Jeep tasks to do (need to prep for a 10 day trip to California including the Rubicon in July) :/ I do want to go to Tahuya actually and check out the supposed new south loop...

Got to test the new seats out, have to say my back loves them... they are far more comfortable than stock. I ended up lifting the rear up 3/4" though to tilt the base forward more, less pressure on the thigh.

Three days at Tillamook this weekend though and the seats were awesome.

Video (provided by friends) of my wife Tammy showing how much her driving and confidence has improved as I spotted her up the waterfall on Archers Firebreak trail.

It was a wild weekend, started with sun, ended with 30" of snow.

Glad you're liking the seats.

Glad you're liking the seats.
I still need to hook up the seat heat in them, I ran out of time (and didn't realize we were headed into a winter storm, in spring lol) Planning on running a new fuse block to inside the cabin for them when I do it.

Yeah though we like em, much better than stock by a mile... the lumbar support was nice and we're already liking the storage pouches on the back too.

I still need to hook up the seat heat in them, I ran out of time (and didn't realize we were headed into a winter storm, in spring lol) Planning on running a new fuse block to inside the cabin for them when I do it.

Yeah though we like em, much better than stock by a mile... the lumbar support was nice and we're already liking the storage pouches on the back too.
Still haven't hooked the heat up on mine either.

Reactions: Wildman and DaveF
tailgate is fine, I mitigate it by keeping 0 psi in the spare :)

I don't have plans specific at the moment... have a bunch of basement and Jeep tasks to do (need to prep for a 10 day trip to California including the Rubicon in July) :/ I do want to go to Tahuya actually and check out the supposed new south loop...
that's a good idea on 0 psi. HOller when you go to Tahuya, I haven't been back since the atlas and dumped the milestars. Been wanting to avenge myself on a couple obstacles.

Reactions: Wildman and DaveF
that's a good idea on 0 psi. HOller when you go to Tahuya, I haven't been back since the atlas and dumped the milestars. Been wanting to avenge myself on a couple obstacles.
Have to schedule it or it won't happen.. Looking at the schedule I could probably do a trip out there on Saturday the 23rd... I'd have to leave to head home by 5pm but that's fine... and would need to validate with the wife but looks doable...

Reactions: Wildman
Finally close do done with our basement rebuild after last summers flood... Once that is done I can clean up the garage and hopefully start working on the Jeep again. I have a laundry list of things to do...

So close....
View attachment 323632
Wow that looks great! Did you do the two tone because that's the area you had to replace drywall on?

Wow that looks great! Did you do the two tone because that's the area you had to replace drywall on?
The two tone is my wifes idea, I'm colorblind so don't really give a shit :) That said on the right had wall in the image, that will be the TV wall and we wanted a darker color there to help with movie viewing... the part that is blue on the lower half... that lower half is all concrete foundation... with framing above as you can see in the pics below.

We had to pull out all the drywall, replace the insulation, fix some areas that had mold damage, re-wire some electrical... etc. etc. etc. basically a full redo of that room, the hallway leading to it and the laundry room also not shown. I took the opportunity to run in wall flex conduit for low voltage including Network and speaker wire, as well as all the hdmi/optical/usb/etc from the smart tv location to the corner of the room where I'll be building some corner shelves to hold the tuner/bluray player.

Here are some 'in progress' pics....

20220109_150323.jpg

20220109_150307.jpg

20220109_150255.jpg

20220109_150237.jpg

20220109_150231.jpg