So we bought a Jeep—2006 LJR

I'm taking them at Everett Community College... they have a full welding and fabrication course list up to an associates program if wanted. The local Tech colleges also have welding courses but they didn't have night classes for us working stiffs.

I'm just taking one class at a time and auditing them so I don't have to worry about grades :) run Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs (2 nights a week) 7pm-11pm. Basically spend 3-4 hours each night welding where they supply instruction and feedback, and the materials/equipment etc. runs about $750 for a 12 week course (including the materials fee).

That’s awesome, I’ve thought of taking that class a few times. Stoked to see the MIG results!

I'm taking them at Everett Community College... they have a full welding and fabrication course list up to an associates program if wanted. The local Tech colleges also have welding courses but they didn't have night classes for us working stiffs.

I'm just taking one class at a time and auditing them so I don't have to worry about grades :) run Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs (2 nights a week) 7pm-11pm. Basically spend 3-4 hours each night welding where they supply instruction and feedback, and the materials/equipment etc. runs about $750 for a 12 week course (including the materials fee).

That’s awesome, Dave. I’ve always thought about doing that but have never pulled the trigger. Good on ya, Mate.

That’s awesome, Dave. I’ve always thought about doing that but have never pulled the trigger. Good on ya, Mate.

Yeah, I thought a bout it for a while then finally just did it. I also have thought about taking auto/mechanic classes, but I can't find any in our area that run night classes :/ which is a bummer. I'm sorta what you call a life long learner, I enjoy classes etc. which is a good thing since I'm currently (and usually always) taking a couple work related classes too lol.

Reactions: Wildman and Alex01
Nothing big... but some new shoes :)

N8oFsCPfWJFDHdHYgvCIhx8=w1278-h720-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Got tired of lower control arm brackets bending like this...

1691364161554.png

So here is what I decided to do about it. It might not be the prettiest, or best option, but it's what I did :) Time will tell if it helps/works.

1691364237654.png

1691364268701.png

So all the brackets are glued on and cooling... next up is paint before reinstalling, probably next weekend.

1691364329426.png

1691364358660.png

Got tired of lower control arm brackets bending like this...

View attachment 447715

So here is what I decided to do about it. It might not be the prettiest, or best option, but it's what I did :) Time will tell if it helps/works.

View attachment 447716

View attachment 447717

So all the brackets are glued on and cooling... next up is paint before reinstalling, probably next weekend.

View attachment 447718

View attachment 447719

Hopefully you won't have anymore issues with brackets being torn off. Nice work.

Even the thick brackets on my CRD60 got all bent to hell from me playing in the rocks. This was also because I'd moved then up due to the Nth Degree lift at the time.

Hopefully you won't have anymore issues with brackets being torn off. Nice work.

Even the thick brackets on my CRD60 got all bent to hell from me playing in the rocks. This was also because I'd moved then up due to the Nth Degree lift at the time.

I'm still thinking about welding a brace/gusset from the track bar mount down to the axle, but I need to get the brake lines back in place to see what space I have for it.

I'm still thinking about welding a brace/gusset from the track bar mount down to the axle, but I need to get the brake lines back in place to see what space I have for it.

Do it, I did that. I noticed my weld was starting to rip off. Grinded it down and reweld it along with angle bracket down the side and across the tube into the spring perch. Its held up for awhile now

• Wow
Reactions: Wildman
So I broke a 2 month old U-Joint in half Friday, then this happened Saturday... fun weekend! LOL

View attachment 478199

Wow. At the beginning of summer mine was ripping apart at the welds but I've never seen that before.

Assuming you can't weld it back together no time like the present for a small front stretch.

Wow. At the beginning of summer mine was ripping apart at the welds but I've never seen that before.

Assuming you can't weld it back together no time like the present for a small front stretch.

Yeah, and this sounds strikingly like a repeat of your recent mishaps.