So we bought a Jeep—2006 LJR

Does the trail tail overlap the Moryde? I don’t have armor.
OK so I was wrong, it looks like they do overlap about a quarter inch in a couple places... easy enough to grind away those spots if you don't want to put a backing plate behind it.

I will say, these are definitely tough... I backed the on in the pic into a rock when sliding backwards off an obstacle with no issues :) the OEM one would have been just gone.

Feel free to check it out in MOAB :)

20210418_104621.jpg

OK so I was wrong, it looks like they do overlap about a quarter inch in a couple places... easy enough to grind away those spots if you don't want to put a backing plate behind it.

I will say, these are definitely tough... I backed the on in the pic into a rock when sliding backwards off an obstacle with no issues :) the OEM one would have been just gone.

Feel free to check it out in MOAB :)

View attachment 244859
Appreciate it. My moryde already came in but I haven’t received the trail tails yet so I guess I better wait to install the Moryde.

Do you know what the outside dimensions are so I can go ahead and grind on my Moryde?
They are just a bit under 5" across... and you can see the location of the two (it only uses the bottom two) bolts holding it in. Personally though, I'd wait and dry fit the Moryde then trace the overlap...

20210418_132625.jpg
20210418_132641.jpg

Starting to get excited, just got this nearly bolt on PSC Hydro assist kit from Black Magic Blaine today! Still waiting on the PSC parts that are on order, hopefully they come in on time to get this installed before we got to Tillamook in June... (and hopefully I can make it work!!!).

Also... got me more super fancy wizard lip balm!

20210511_145014.jpg

Starting to get excited, just got this nearly bolt on PSC Hydro assist kit from Black Magic Blaine today! Still waiting on the PSC parts that are on order, hopefully they come in on time to get this installed before we got to Tillamook in June... (and hopefully I can make it work!!!).

Also... got me more super fancy wizard lip balm!

View attachment 251675
You're going to really like this upgrade!

Reactions: B00mb00m and DaveF
You're going to really like this upgrade!
Oh, of that I have zero doubt... Just ask any of the guys I ran Pritchett with how often I cursed my lack of ability to turn the wheel lol... pretty sure they were getting tired of it.

For that matter, ask any of my local club members, I'm sure they are tired of it too... as is my wife :)

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
Oh, of that I have zero doubt... Just ask any of the guys I ran Pritchett with how often I cursed my lack of ability to turn the wheel lol... pretty sure they were getting tired of it.

For that matter, ask any of my local club members, I'm sure they are tired of it too... as is my wife :)
I can relate! :)

Reactions: DaveF
I am sure you were bummed more than I was, but I was actually really looking forward to running that with you, hopefully some day in the future.

There you have it on record, the chicken shit when it comes to heights says he'll run Pritchett again :)

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
I am sure you were bummed more than I was, but I was actually really looking forward to running that with you, hopefully some day in the future.

There you have it on record, the chicken shit when it comes to heights says he'll run Pritchett again :)
We will always have Chewy, my friend...

Did you bitch out due to heights? Or was this due to the JK?

Did you bitch out due to heights? Or was this due to the JK?
I completed the trail... it just scared the shit out of me a few times :) @NashvilleTJ went up Chewie, then after the JK broke he went back down it (no thanks) and pulled the JK back out to the beginning so he didn't get to finish the trail. The other 5 of us were already up top of Chewie and continued.

I completed the trail... it just scared the shit out of me a few times :) @NashvilleTJ went up Chewie, then after the JK broke he went back down it (no thanks) and pulled the JK back out to the beginning so he didn't get to finish the trail. The other 5 of us were already up top of Chewie and continued.
I was clearly afraid to continue on - haulin’ out the JK was just an excuse...

I could tell, you didn't even want to get up Chewie, tried to fail by not using your lockers.... but we wouldn't let you!

BTW, as a result of seeing how undersized the ratchet straps I had with me were for the purpose of holding an axle in place (LOL) they have now been replaced by much stronger 2" ratchet's with a 5k break strength :)

Well, I do remember you and I tag-teaming to get those little blue straps tight. And it worked!

I do have good memories of the trip.

Reactions: Vasq and DaveF
You got lucky. Now I am legitimately afraid of heights so I could picture you hauling me back out of there.