So you want to run 35" tires on your TJ?

Honestly, I am on pavement 95% of the time and mild trails/service roads in the Carolinas the other 5%. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I just love the look of 35s and with only a 2" OME BB and adding proper gearing and Metalcloak fenders I think I could manage 35s. Have 32s now.
I have no interest in rock-crawling or mudding, but respect and enjoy reading about those who do.
I suspect there are far more Jeep folks like me than not.
Any helpful advice?

If you're on pavement 95% of the time you could run 35" tires on stock Dana 30 and Dana 35 axles without any issues at all.

Reactions: Duke-TJ and Starrs
If you're on pavement 95% of the time you could run 35" tires on stock Dana 30 and Dana 35 axles without any issues at all.
I go back and forth all the time debating this lol. I love the way they look, but I know it would be a dog driving around on 35s. I know you hate them, but I think 35s just look mean on a tj. I know I will end up with some eventually haha

I go back and forth all the time debating this lol. I love the way they look, but I know it would be a dog driving around on 35s. I know you hate them, but I think 35s just look mean on a tj. I know I will end up with some eventually haha

Re-gear and get some extra power! If I was daily driving on 35" tires, I'd want a V8 under the hood, haha.

Reactions: Starrs
Honestly, I am on pavement 95% of the time and mild trails/service roads in the Carolinas the other 5%. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I just love the look of 35s and with only a 2" OME BB and adding proper gearing and Metalcloak fenders I think I could manage 35s. Have 32s now.
I have no interest in rock-crawling or mudding, but respect and enjoy reading about those who do.
I suspect there are far more Jeep folks like me than not.
Any helpful advice?
I’m pretty much like you. My tj is my daily, and I just worry that it would be to sluggish for my taste, and I’d have to fork out more for a regear. You can’t beat the look tho.

Reactions: Duke-TJ
Re-gear and get some extra power! If I was daily driving on 35" tires, I'd want a V8 under the hood, haha.
I’m surprised you haven’t just decided to drop a v8 in yours and make it your daily. I had really bad withdrawal symptoms everyday when I looked at mine the garage. I ended up driving my tj more than the grand Cherokee lol.

I’m surprised you haven’t just decided to drop a v8 in yours and make it your daily. I had really bad withdrawal symptoms everyday when I looked at mine the garage. I ended up driving my tj more than the grand Cherokee lol.

Oh trust me, I think about the V8 swap all the time! But then I realize it would cost about 8k to have it done right, and then I remember all the stuff I need to do around the house first :risas3:

Oh trust me, I think about the V8 swap all the time! But then I realize it would cost about 8k to have it done right, and then I remember all the stuff I need to do around the house first :risas3:
Also what is that part that you bought that adds more HP? Is it something you’ve done to other jeeps?

I think the stroker kit. You have a supercharger also? Holy shit man lol

No, I had the supercharger on my old TJ. For this one I bought the stroker kit. I thought it would be fun to go that route. Stroking it to a 4.7 liter should put down the same power that the supercharger was putting down on my old TJ, this will just be naturally aspirated instead.

No, I had the supercharger on my old TJ. For this one I bought the stroker kit. I thought it would be fun to go that route. Stroking it to a 4.7 liter should put down the same power that the supercharger was putting down on my old TJ, this will just be naturally aspirated instead.
Sounds awesome. How much was that?

I love the look of a TJ with a 4” lift and 35’s.
My 33’s look like giant balloons to me lol

You should totally regear.

Hey Jerry, 04 rubicon with auto tranny. Currently have stock axles, 35's and 5.13 gears. I'm looking to keep building up for better assurance while running the 35's. Future plans are the currie currectlync, and chromoly shafts from revolution gear and axle, front and rear 30 spline. and evently a vanco brake kit. Do you have any other suggestions on things to upgrade or should I be good after than to be confident wheeling the 35's. Currently have had no issues. I guess the last thing I can think of would be to upgrade the factory lockers, but thata would only be after the malfunction or break. Thanks
(sitting in a Florida airport trying to get home) That plan sounds good as is!

What about the 5% not on pavement? That's more than enough to break a Dana 35 axle shaft with 35's. Few TJs spend even 5% offroad.

This is what happened to a friend trying to take it easy with her 35's wheeling on a Dana 35 with me 2 weeks ago. We had to strap a
Hi-Lift support across the tire to the frame hold it in to get her back to camp.

20180323_143225.jpg

20180324_163833.jpg