Soft Shackle Hitch Tube Sleeve

Stinkbug

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
I will start with announcing I don’t know jack s**t when it comes to recovery equipment. I stumbled across this today.

I doubt it is unique and I think it is over priced but curious about what you guys think about the concept. It seems like it could be simplified by losing the tube that the pin slides through and letting the shackle loop directly around the pin.

What seems interesting is the way that it eases the corners of the tube and does not extend out of the tube like some other products so there is no levering effect on a sideload.

Assuming it is not a ridiculous idea, I guess it’s value comes down to its price vs an occasional soft shackle replacement. Curious about what you guys think…

ShackleReciever2P5_1024x1024@2x.jpg

20221112_082750_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Probably in the category of not required but doesn't hurt. The tube the pin goes through serves to increase the radius of bend the soft shackle sees inside the receiver.

Deal breaker though.....its designed for a 2 1/2 inch receiver common on 3/4 ton trucks. Pretty much every receiver on a Jeep is a 2 inch.

Blaine has a thread here somewhere about these. The problem is all receivers are different so it’s hard to design the perfect one.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Probably in the category of not required but doesn't hurt. The tube the pin goes through serves to increase the radius of bend the soft shackle sees inside the receiver.

Deal breaker though.....its designed for a 2 1/2 inch receiver common on 3/4 ton trucks. Pretty much every receiver on a Jeep is a 2 inch.

I linked the wrong one… the have a 2” as well.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
I had emailed him several weeks back when he only had the 2.0 asking about a 2.5 to work with my bumper and he replied that it was in the works. I hadn't checked recently. Thanks for the info. 🍻

I think it is over priced
I doubt that it is. Parts often cost double what laymen like you or I may think at first glance.

Last edited:
I had emailed him several weeks back when he only had the 2.0 asking about a 2.5 to work with my bumper and he replied that it was in the works. I hadn't checked recently. Thanks for the info. 🍻

I doubt that it is. Parts often cost double what laymen like you or I may think at first glance.

My thought on this being overpriced is not from the sellers point of view based on the cost to design, market and manufacture but rather the value the product brings to the end user. A guy like me could replace 5 or 6 shackles for the cost of this product. That would take me quite a while.

Maybe it brings an additional benefit beyond lengthening the life I’d soft shackles? I am also sure that some guys go through soft shackles like a 6 pack of Coors light on a hot Saturday afternoon and a product like this could be appealing to them,

Last edited: