Soft top cleaner question

sweld

Hey guys. Quick question. To clean my soft top. Looks to be the denim fabric. Will spray nine work? Thanks in advance.

337a62c31880f026663e139f5c3e7acf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used RaggTop Cleaner and Protectant. Tan top, so never gets really great looking, but looks pretty decent and "feels"protected, if that makes sense.

OK, so it turns out that RaggTopp cleaner and protectant are OK, but short lived here in humid NC weather. Have used Simple Green and it's OK too. I'd like to try a more aggressive cleaner to make this tan top look pretty clean rather that in constant need of cleaning. I'd then use a protectant like 303. Any other suggestions? We get the occasional 60 degree winter days here, so I could spend a little time on it.

Nothing unique or special is needed, a little liquid detergent like Dawn or concentrated Simple Green in a bucket of water is fine. Dump part of the bucket over the top a couple times & scrub it a bit with a big soft nylon brush until the bucket's empty then rinse it off with the hose. Special cleaners aren't really needed, it's just a Jeep top.... not your wife's delicate underwear or nighties.

303 Aerospace Protectant afterward would be a great way to finish the job after it's clean. Technically 303 Aerospace Protectant is also a cleaner but it's too expensive to use as the first-step heavy dirt cleaner. That stuff is a amazing, and it has UV protectant added to help protect the fabric from the sun. :)