Soft Top vs. Hardtop?

Which top do prefer?

• Total voters
Th hardtop is also great in the rain. In Oregon it rains like no tomorrow in the Fall and Winter, and I must say that having the hard top makes it a bit nicer than when I had the soft top.

Soft top, which is all I've ever had. I could never justify spending 1-2K on a hard top when I had so many other mods I wanted. My Jeep has always been garaged so I've never worried about it getting slashed overnight. The Jeep heaters are so awesome that it doesn't take much to warm it up, and its not overly noisy. And frankly, I run a bikini top from April to November anyway so a hard top for me would be pointless.

Reactions: Basiasadie
I'm running the hardtop in winter & the best top nx frameless all warm months, so when it gets too hot I leave the top part only on.

image.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
I've owned 3 TJs since '97. 2nd one I had to have the dual top for the hard top. I never used it and was a pain to store, I bought a hoist and all too, was a pain to switch back/forth between the tops. My '06's soft top is quiet, plenty warm, even with the -40 F record temps we had here in the last few winters. It's been awesome. If I did a ton of highway driving, maybe the hard top would be a better choice for less noise. Then again, if I did that much highway, I'd have another vehicle better for highway.

I only have the soft top on my current TJ with 1/2 doors and slider windows. It was 6 degrees on my ride home from work last night and my heater kept me warm. My wife thought of me though, and turned the electric blanket on thinking id need to thaw out.

Soft top and half doors. It's nice to be able to put the top up in a few minutes when the rain starts and then drop it when the rain stops. The slider windows in the upper half doors make a huge difference though.

I'm in NC where we have 4 actual seasons. So Nov-April I LOVE my hard top. April-June I love my soft top. Jun-Sept I love door less bikini top. Sept-Nov I love my soft top

Reactions: Chris