Looking for opinions and experiences with different soft tops

Didn't get the twill. Got mine in spice or tan or whatever you call it, whatever the cheaper one was. My TJ isn't a daily driver so I wasn't too concerned with getting something like the twill for heat or sound insulation. Personally I don't expect my TJ to ride like my truck or my wife's SUV, so a little wind noise is alright by me - personal preference. If I had to drive it every day I might change my tune.
I think the only option for some of them is black diamond, at least for my Trektop NX it was.

I think the only option for some of them is black diamond, at least for my Trektop NX it was.

Ok, that's what it was. You jogged my memory. My coworker with the LJ couldn't get one in spice brown like mine. His only option was black.

Reactions: Apparition
Bestop soft tops are the only soft top recommended. Bestop are the OEM manufacture of Jeep soft tops. Any other brand soft top has NOTHING compared to a bestop. With that being said you can buy a soft top with a frame or frameless. Personally I prefer frame over frameless. Reason being is it’s easier to go fully topless, the soft top would just store folded down. You would only find a place for the windows not the whole top. With a frameless you’ll have to find a storage for the whole top. I also find it easier to put the windows back on a soft top with a frame.
I have 2 tjs, each type top , and agree with this 100 percent .

Frameless is cool, frame is simpler and sturdier , quieter and drier, based on my experience.

I have 2 tjs, each type top , and agree with this 100 percent .

Frameless is cool, frame is simpler and sturdier , quieter and drier, based on my experience.
Just curious, when you say drier. As in did you have trouble with the frameless leaking?

Just curious, when you say drier. As in did you have trouble with the frameless leaking?
Yes sir, not sure why ..we have been having a monsoon to be fair ...back left corner up high it seems .

Can I ask which brand and model it is?
Sure, Bestop Trektop NX in black denim , my 2003 TJ has a stock Bestop, black diamond . I remove the windows and fold it back usually .

My son had the 06 all summer , with the Trektop..I installed it myself.

It's a good top overall , flat, clear windows , just different than what I'm used to. Not sure about the leak , it may be he didn't fasten something right ...I'm going through the keep front to back now .

I will have a better opinion this summer ...gonna wheel it .

Whatever you do , get a Bestop , even if you have a problem..the customer service is near legendary.

Reactions: WesRJ86
Sure, Bestop Trektop NX in black denim , my 2003 TJ has a stock Bestop, black diamond . I remove the windows and fold it back usually .

My son had the 06 all summer , with the Trektop..I installed it myself.

It's a good top overall , flat, clear windows , just different than what I'm used to. Not sure about the leak , it may be he didn't fasten something right ...I'm going through the keep front to back now .

I will have a better opinion this summer ...gonna wheel it .

Whatever you do , get a Bestop , even if you have a problem..the customer service is near legendary.
Yea I already decided on Bestop due to reviews on here and what I've read EVERYWHERE about their customer service. Just trying to decide between frame and frameless ha. Thanks for your info. Any pics of each?

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I'm about to go with t he Trektop NX and Bestop is telling me my factory soft top hardware will not work with the trektop. It seems like the door surrounds would be the same. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Trektop surrounds have a slot for the crossbar over your head

4A2D40FD-15A3-41F0-9480-C7C61376B2F6.jpeg

factory do not

9AFA4381-4BC0-4D7A-83E1-5817126BE461.jpeg

Nevermind!!! Sorry I asked before doing more research. I found the other differences and IU do need to buy the whole kit. Thanks for the pics though.

Do you have any close up pictures of it?
I really like how the Bestop frameless looks and hugs the roll bar. Must install on a warm sunny day or you will have a hard time of it.
Got mine from Morris 4x4 for the best price i could find.

5EDFC00C-A744-440A-B818-9C6F8F608F5B.jpeg

77D57DF0-508D-4D83-B286-5E1A5D566C69.jpeg

A2F6F890-7EDB-4366-946E-16D5F26CFA3A.jpeg

669ABF2B-1AC6-4DAB-8B57-72160BAFABDB.jpeg