Soft upper sliders

I don't have them, but I've seen a lot of TJs with them around town. I can't imagine they would be any better. Personally I'd rather just have the unzip windows if I had half doors I think.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Somehow my son ended up with the sliders on his YJ. The rear pcs of glass slide forward, the front ones doesn't move, just the opposite of the old time VW buses. I think I've seen some for sale where both pcs of glass can move but you still only get half the window open at a time.

As for the soft windows, that's what I had on my CJ5. They did create a full sized opening but always liked to flap around when folded in. Fully opened or fully closed were both better than partially open. Folding them in was also a great way to get some mud on your lap. The soft windows are also more likely to get scuffed up.

I can't say whether my post is aiming towards good or bad, just my experiences, neither of which have convinced me that I should have (or not have) them on my TJ. FWIW, I'm going on 6 months with my TJ and more than half that time my doors were in the garage.,

When I had the sliders on a previous TJ, I liked them much better than the zipping windows. I hated that window flap laying next to you when you opened it. And if you're not careful, it wanted to flap outside the door on the freeway. The only drawback to the sliders is a smaller opening. A plus is the ability to scrape the ice off of them in wintry climates.

Reactions: tworley
I have sliders in my TJ. I like them.Living in Florida they are only in during rainy days or cold days.The rest of the time they are on the back. I like looking through glass verses the plastic and it's one less thing making noise going down the road.