SOLD 1997 Jeep Wrangler 4.0, 5 speed 193k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfrawley

Price
Hello, for sale is my 1997 Jeep Wrangler. She has been a project jeep I have been working on for the past few years in between college classes. She runs and drives great. I’ve put in a decent amount of work into her and have been using her as a daily driver for the past few months. Here is an overview of her.
1997 Jeep Wrangler
Miles: 193,000
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6
Trans: 5 speed manual

Engine and Drivetrain
  • While the Jeep does have 193,000 the engine is an ATK remanufactured engine that has less than 10,000 miles. The previous owner installed it and it has never been a problem. Always starts and runs great.
  • Tran is the original 5 speed manual with 192,500 miles but she shifts smooth. A new clutch was installed during the engine change and the clutch master cylinder was replaces around 2000 miles ago.
  • Transfer case has 192,500 miles and works as intended.
Axles, brakes and Suspension
  • The jeep originally came with a Dana 30 up front and a Dana 35 in the rear with 3.07 gears. I replaced the rear Dana 35 with a Dana 44 out of an LJ. The new axle had 77,000 miles when I got it and currently has around 81,000. Also, the new axle has 3.73 gears and disc brakes.
  • Currently the jeep has mismatched gears as I never got a chance to upgrade the front axle due to school. So the front has 3.07 and the rear has 3.73 so 4x4 does not work at the moment. Just as a precaution I removed the front driveshaft, so someone doesn’t accidentally engage the transfer case and break something. The transfer case still works so you can still get low range, but it will only be 2-wheel drive.
  • With the new rear axle the jeep has disc brakes in the front and back. I replaced most of the brake lines as during the axle swap. The brakes work perfectly, and it has a firm petal.
  • The Jeep also has a 2in spacer lift on her. It does mess with the original suspension geometry, but it does allow the original rear drive shaft to work with the new axle.
Frame
  • When I got the jeep, she had some frame rust issues. I have addressed most of it already.
  • Both upper rear spring perches were rusted out and have been replaced with Rusty's Rear Coil Spring Frame Relocation Brackets by World Tour Offroad in Annapolis. They move the spring into a more vertical position and allow for better loading.
  • New rear bump stops were also installed by World Tour Offroad.
  • The second major area was the center section where the skid plate/trans crossbeam is attached on both sides of the jeep. I cut out all of the rust in that area and welded on Auto Rust Technicians SafeTCap sleeves over the area. I also bought a brand new OEM skid plate from Extreme Terrain as the old one was completely rotten away.
  • The rest of the frame is in ok shape and I have sprayed Paint Over Rust sealer inside the whole frame
Exterior
  • The jeep does come with two sets of doors.
  • The jeep originally came with half doors with soft upper. Those are good shape and work as intended.
  • For the colder weather I bought a set of black full doors. They are also in good shape and really help with the interior noise and keeping the heat in.
  • The soft top is an aftermarket Best Top soft top. It is in ok shape and doesn’t leak. The only bad thing about is the two rear zippers are broken.
  • Whenever there was a big rain storm the jeep was always covered so never worried about water getting in.
  • I currently have two spotlights up near the windshield, they are KC HiLiTES 121 SlimLite Black 130w Spot lights. They are very bright and work great.
Interior
  • The seats and carpet have the normal wear and tear that you would expect.
  • All of the electronics work as well.
  • Heat works very well. The AC works but need to be recharged professionally.
  • It also has an aftermarket Sony radio that works great. It has Bluetooth and an aux plug in.
Overall she has been a fun project to work on for the past few years but it’s time for me to move on the a newer project. I just hope whoever gets her can fix her up the rest of the way and enjoy her.

20191015_125448.jpg

20191015_125901.jpg

20191015_125936.jpg

Inked20191015_125341_LI.jpg

Inked20191015_125357_LI.jpg

20191015_130936.jpg

20191015_130955.jpg

20191015_130958.jpg

20191015_125500.jpg

20191015_125508.jpg

20191015_125514.jpg

Last edited: