Sold the TJ and picked up a new JLU

ScottB

TJ Enthusiast
About 6 weeks ago, someone asked me if I would sell my 05 TJ. A TJ that I had put a lot of work and money into. I told him that it was not for sale. He then asked me what the, "It's not for sale price." I told him.............and he said OK. Then the TJ was sold.

I then picked up a 2020 Sarge Green JLU Rubicon 4 weeks ago. Made a few changes over those short few weeks. I love this color. I do believe that I must leave this group because I no longer have a TJ. Just thought I would show a few pictures before I go.

2.5" Tera Flex ST2
315/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Falcon 2.1 Adjustable shocks
17 X 10 Rock Star 3 (-12 offset)
Smitty Bilt XRC 2O, 10,000 winch
Rough Country Skids
DV8 Sliders

20200909_132820.jpg

20200909_132828.jpg

20200909_132842.jpg

20200909_132851.jpg

20200909_132904.jpg

20200909_132910.jpg

20200909_132919.jpg

20200909_132931.jpg

20200909_133006.jpg

20200909_133112.jpg

Looks good. I especially love the color.

For as much as I've been asked if I would sell my Jeep, no one has asked what the "not for sale price" is. If I were to ever sell my LJ, it would likely be to buy an LJR.

Reactions: Tob and Davidtj
About 6 weeks ago, someone asked me if I would sell my 05 TJ. A TJ that I had put a lot of work and money into. I told him that it was not for sale. He then asked me what the, "It's not for sale price." I told him.............and he said OK. Then the TJ was sold.

I then picked up a 2020 Sarge Green JLU Rubicon 4 weeks ago. Made a few changes over those short few weeks. I love this color. I do believe that I must leave this group because I no longer have a TJ. Just thought I would show a few pictures before I go.

2.5" Tera Flex ST2
315/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Falcon 2.1 Adjustable shocks
17 X 10 Rock Star 3 (-12 offset)
Smitty Bilt XRC 2O, 10,000 winch
Rough Country Skids
DV8 Sliders

View attachment 188853

View attachment 188854

View attachment 188855

View attachment 188856

View attachment 188857

View attachment 188858

View attachment 188859

View attachment 188860

View attachment 188861

View attachment 188862
Thanks for sharing the pics!

My "not for sale price" would pay off my mortgage.

Good looking JL, the green is nice, but I really love the "Sting Grey"
At least your started with us so you can move forward with tasteful mods and knowledge which will set you apart from the rest of the 4dr owners out there (y)

I'm not a "big" fan of the newer jeeps, but damn the JL's look so much better than the JK's

Love the Sarge green color. I don’t think they’re offering it as an option for the JT yet, but that’s the only thing I’d trade up to. Good luck with the new Rubi!

To quote Micky from Snatch. "See that car? I suggest you use it for you're not welcome anymore". :ROFLMAO:

Really, though. I really like that color as well.

Yeah I agree. My "it's not for sale price" would probably be around $50k.

X2, or 3 or whatever it's up to now. My price would buy a new JLR. We have a guy in our group that just bought one. It's really hard not to like them, especially seeing them wheel (my only gripe is how wide they are). Jeep did one helluva job making them off-road capable/ready. I can't wait to see the Hemi powered one that has the factory lift and 37's. That will be my new "it's not for sale" price. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho
It's crazy how much wider, bulkier the the JL's are than TJ's
That’s true across all full size trucks and SUVs in general. It’s also driven behind the same reasoning that encourages sales of 4 door and larger Jeeps and trucks.

Modern fuel economy standards (CAFE) are based on vehicle footprint, which is (roughly) defines as wheelbase times track width. The larger the footprint, the more allowance the corporation has in terms of fuel economy.

Thus, smaller trucks like the Ranger/F100 have fallen out of favor, and mid-size and full size trucks have gotten significantly longer and wider. The F150 today is far larger than an F150 from 30 years ago.

If you could modernize a TJ-sized Wrangler’s powertrain and aerodynamics and keep the footprint, you could probably get a better fuel economy than a modern JL. But based on the CAFE standards, the modern JL appears to get better footprint-adjusted economy because the footprint is so much larger.

https://dieselnet.com/standards/us/fe.php

If you could modernize a TJ-sized Wrangler’s powertrain and aerodynamics and keep the footprint, you could probably get a better fuel economy than a modern JL.
https://dieselnet.com/standards/us/fe.php

But then you'd get people complaining on how it's not safe, it'll tip over if you turn.. Just like with the Samurai. I had 2 of those little beasts, and took them places where jeeps couldn't go because of size, never had even close to a tippy feeling.