Sold the TJ and picked up a new JLU

well i cannot attest to being smart (jeep thing)
but i was able to retire at 40 (22yrs ago)
we have never had a house loan and currently own two
until last yr we haven't had a payment except monthly living cost we do have cable,cell phones,and other pleasures that are not really needed and enjoy it all. the jeep being one

well i cannot attest to being smart (jeep thing)
but i was able to retire at 40 (22yrs ago)
we have never had a house loan and currently own two
until last yr we haven't had a payment except monthly living cost we do have cable,cell phones,and other pleasures that are not really needed and enjoy it all. the jeep being one

Awesome, good for you! I kicked around retiring at 40, 41, 42, etc but keep getting sucked into the '1 more year' syndrome. It's coming tho, and soon!

Nuts - I don't even consider a smartphone a "pleasure" - the things are horrid as far as I'm concerned. You'd have to pay ME to use one - and quite a bit at that!

Reactions: HardSell
Reviving this thread as I’m considering buying a JLU for a daily driver. I’m leaning towards a Sahara since I don’t plan on doing any kind of off roading with it, I’m keeping my TJ Rubicon for that. Just increasing my stable!:cool: I probably want a 2019 or newer. For those of you that have a JKU, is anyone having any kind of issues with the newer year models that I should stay away from?

About 6 weeks ago, someone asked me if I would sell my 05 TJ. A TJ that I had put a lot of work and money into. I told him that it was not for sale. He then asked me what the, "It's not for sale price." I told him.............and he said OK. Then the TJ was sold.

I then picked up a 2020 Sarge Green JLU Rubicon 4 weeks ago. Made a few changes over those short few weeks. I love this color. I do believe that I must leave this group because I no longer have a TJ. Just thought I would show a few pictures before I go.

2.5" Tera Flex ST2
315/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Falcon 2.1 Adjustable shocks
17 X 10 Rock Star 3 (-12 offset)
Smitty Bilt XRC 2O, 10,000 winch
Rough Country Skids
DV8 Sliders

View attachment 188853

View attachment 188854

View attachment 188855

View attachment 188856

View attachment 188857

View attachment 188858

View attachment 188859

View attachment 188860

View attachment 188861

View attachment 188862
Dam thats a nice lawn! Jeep is pretty cool too!

No doubt I will pursue a new Wrangler in a couple hundred thousand miles when my TJR wears out. In the meantime, I'm looking into fabricating a lawn badge. Being color blind, I appreciate the Sarge Green decal. The JLs are worthy, for a price...... marketed for a different thinking crowd.

FloridaWheeling.jpg

Last edited:
It’s not a good idea at all, but I just love hearing the opinions roll in on how to justify borrowing money on an older vehicle like a tj. It can be very interesting listening to how people justify borrowing money on a purchase like that.
I got mine from a dealer that asked me if I had cash when I first looked at it. I said yes actually on me right now! He said he had much interest in it, but all those folks needed loans and it is impossible to get a loan for 18k on a 16 yr old vehicle.

Reactions: Starrs
Great lookin' ride, but I couldn't get in another 3.6l V6. Unless they've made serious design changes since 2015, plan on replacing rocker arms, a cam or 2(maybe all 4), and tipets at 100-120 k. I don't care what kind of oil you use or how often you change it. Rollers wear out on the rocker arms. It got me...

The 3.6 is their main engine they use them in everything! Sucks for them and me, wife’s got a 2015 jk.