Sold the TJ on Friday, then this happened on Saturday

Mikester86

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 U
Supporting Member

I really like the Willy's edition, and if I was going to buy a JK it would probably be the model I'd get. Dann 44 Trac-Lock and good tires make it a more than just a sticker package.

Reactions: Mikester86
I really like the Willy's edition, and if I was going to buy a JK it would probably be the model I'd get. Dann 44 Trac-Lock and good tires make it a more than just a sticker package.
I agree, as I am no rock crawler, which the Rubicon is better suited for. The Willys Edition checks the boxes for us! It was to great a deal to pass on and we could not be more happy with it so far.

Here is what the Willys Edition Includes:

• 17–Inch x 7.5–Inch High Gloss Black Wheels
  • LT255/75R17C BSW Off–Road Tires
  • 3.73 Front / Rear Axle Ratio
  • Trac–Lok® Differential Rear Axle
  • Rock Rails
  • Jeep Trail Rated Kit
  • Performance Suspension
  • SiriusXM® Sat Radio
  • Air Conditioning
  • Willys Wheeler Grille
  • Willys Hood Decal
  • 4–Wheel Drive Swing Gate Decal
  • Connectivity Group
  • Uconnect® Voice Command with Bluetooth®
  • Electronic Vehicle Information Center
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
  • Leather–Wrapped Steering Wheel
  • Chrome / Leather–Wrapped Shift Knob
  • Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
  • All–Weather Slush Mats
  • Rear Passenger Assist Handles Kit
  • 5–Speed Automatic Transmission
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Freedom Top® 3–Piece Hard Top
  • Rear Window Defroster
  • Rear Window Wiper / Washer
  • Freedom Panel Storage Bag
  • Radio 430
  • Remote USB Port

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase! It's a nice upgrade.

I admittedly still miss my TJ mostly for it's simplicity and other reasons I can't quite find the words to describe.

I'll always like 2-door Wranglers. My ultimate would be the looks of the TJ with the drivetrain of a JK... basically what Savvy is building.

Was that the plan the whole time?
It turned out to be the plan, so to speak. Selling the TJ (third vehicle), and purchasing a daily driver Wrangler and my wife then driving my Ford Escape, once her lease is up at year's end on her Dodge Journey made sense for us.

We will then be down to 2 vehicles we purchased with having no lease vehicles. We could not pass up the Willys JK, less than 12,000 miles and priced right.

Last edited:
Reactions: qslim and JLLJ
Congrats on the purchase! It's a nice upgrade.

I admittedly still miss my TJ mostly for it's simplicity and other reasons I can't quite find the words to describe.

I'll always like 2-door Wranglers. My ultimate would be the looks of the TJ with the drivetrain of a JK... basically what Savvy is building.
Thank you Chris! I also prefer the 2 door look, and there is more room then I though in the JK.

And yes, the TJ is far more simple. Lifting the hood of the JK, only to be greeted by a giant piece of plastic quickly reminded me of the 17 year span that I have upgraded to.

This being only my second Wrangler, it did not take me long to notice the similarities between the 2001 TJ and my new to me 2018 JK!

Reactions: Chris
Chris having a JK and running the TJ forum is like Barry Manilows monster hit -

"I write the songs"

Barry didn't write that 😂

Man it's all good . I'd love to have a Jk , which leads me to a funny thread we are about to see- "what a TJ owner says /what he means. "

Last edited:
I agree, as I am no rock crawler, which the Rubicon is better suited for. The Willy's Edition checks the boxes for us! It was to great a deal to pass on and we could not be more happy with it so far.

Here is what the Willy's Edition Includes:

• 17–Inch x 7.5–Inch High Gloss Black Wheels
  • LT255/75R17C BSW Off–Road Tires
  • 3.73 Front / Rear Axle Ratio
  • Trac–Lok® Differential Rear Axle
  • Rock Rails
  • Jeep Trail Rated Kit
  • Performance Suspension
  • SiriusXM® Sat Radio
  • Air Conditioning
  • Willys Wheeler Grille
  • Willys Hood Decal
  • 4–Wheel Drive Swing Gate Decal
  • Connectivity Group
  • Uconnect® Voice Command with Bluetooth®
  • Electronic Vehicle Information Center
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
  • Leather–Wrapped Steering Wheel
  • Chrome / Leather–Wrapped Shift Knob
  • Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
  • All–Weather Slush Mats
  • Rear Passenger Assist Handles Kit
  • 5–Speed Automatic Transmission
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Freedom Top® 3–Piece Hard Top
  • Rear Window Defroster
  • Rear Window Wiper / Washer
  • Freedom Panel Storage Bag
  • Radio 430
  • Remote USB Port

As an owner of one, you might want to start calling it what it is, a Wlllys, not Willy's. If I ever had a Willys, it would be debadged immediately. No one can seem to get the name right. The WWII Jeep was not something owned by a guy named Willy.

Last edited:
All JKs come with a Dana 44 rear diff, and Trac-Lock is a common option.

Reactions: Starrs
TJ hands down looks better and I own a JK and can admit that. Now when you take the top and doors off of the JK it doesn’t look half bad...actually looks pretty good. The JK shines in the on road comfort category and there simply is no comparison between the TJ and JK in that department. The 3.6L pentastar is a great engine with plenty of pep. Night and day difference between the 4.0. Love the looks of the TJ, but for me the drivetrain wins out. At least until savvy brings this cool new LJK to market 😂

TJ hands down looks better and I own a JK and can admit that. Now when you take the top and doors off of the JK it doesn’t look half bad...actually looks pretty good. The JK shines in the on road comfort category and there simply is no comparison between the TJ and JK in that department. The 3.6L pentastar is a great engine with plenty of pep. Night and day difference between the 4.0. Love the looks of the TJ, but for me the drivetrain wins out. At least until savvy brings this cool new LJK to market 😂
The JK looks grow on you after a while. My 2007 JKR:
Ironmountain.jpg

Stock photo of when I was JK shopping:
Rubi.jpg

As an owner of one, you might want to start calling it what it is, a Wlllys, not Willy's. If I ever had a Willys, it would be debadged immediately. No one can seem to get the name right. The WWII Jeep was not something owned by a guy named Willy.
Thank you, I stand informed on what I should have realized! I appreciate your input!

The first nicely lifted 2 door jk with bigger tires I saw up close was last year ...I was taken aback with how much I liked it . Not because it was a Jeep and I like Jeeps, it just looked soooo good. Really got my attention . They can look aggressive , it just takes the right set up to get the wheels away from the fenders .

285 h.p. has to be fun.

As the owner of a Willys that was built by Willys and as someone that has waking nightmares involving the possessive case: thank you.

Also, that's a nice JK. Looks comfy.