Some days you wonder who the first asshole was

If you expect foriegners, immigrants to be the thief you only open the door to the much bigger problem of those we trust because they look like us. You can go back for centuries and every time your brother is a bigger problem than someone looking for a new, better future in a strange country.

Yes foreign governments, and our own when in other countries will find, buy, steal, every advantage they can get. I only hate it when my competition lies, steals, cheats to get my customers. And after hiring staff for 30 years, the guy who looks different than me has never let me down.

That's why we need to get tough on importing crap here.
absolutely !!! 100% !!

But the only reason that import is here is because we want cheaper prices.

OR the reason foreign cars are here is because they were lean, they built a better product because they were not burdened by the UAW. They focused on what we wanted and the Honda Accord sold faster than they could build them.

I know you guys don't want tariffs, you want better Made in America products. No matter how they do it, prices will go up.

Not one iota of which changes my level of disgust over folks stealing MY intellectual property and using it for their benefit. In fact, that high level of disgust has pretty much shut down ME developing more products that are unique and innovative.
Unfortunately true. It kills motivation to be creative. To me totally un-American.

crazy how much it costs to take a product to market I'm sure there was great expense and work on that flip up frame, my next door neighbor is just getting ready to launch a new tool and it took him about 8 yrs and $500k but he's finally into production and going into a few hardware type stores hopefully all works out cost him a big chunk of his retirement.

Can you send me a picture of it? An explanation of how it works would be icing on the cake. 🤣

Exactly

You’ll spend more money trying to deal with them in court than it will be worth in the end. You'll suit the company, maybe they'll go out of business, but you likely won't get your money back (not to mention the legal fees). Then just as they go out of business, another business opens up selling a knock-off of your product, and then you go after them. It's a never ending cycle, and unless you have tons of money and a legal team on retainer (i.e. a company like Apple) then it makes no sense whatsoever to go the legal route. That's something that huge billion dollar businesses do (again, Apple for instance).

Not to mention a patent here means nothing in China.
Moral of the story: better to be a lawyer than inventor

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Can you send me a picture of it? An explanation of how it works would be icing on the cake. 🤣
Don’t have a picture he’s supposed to send me a link when his web page for it is up and running, but it’s a tool used to place picture frames, cabinets or anything that utilizes a keyhole mount. He has a contractors model made from metal in a nice case with some attachments that costs $100, and a homeowner unit that will cost $20 made from plastic. They both have a spring loaded trigger activated stamp that attaches to the keyholes and no matter if the keyhole brackets are lined up even on the frame the tool perfectly positions how ever many keyhole marks to the mounting surface needed using an attached bubble level by stamping x’s on the wall when you release the trigger. The contractor unit also includes some extra tool for locking the keyhole mounts in place. Apparently this type system is used in hotels for security and safety in event for example say a person was stepping from the hotel shower slips and grabs the picture hanging on the bathroom wall the keyhole system prevents the picture and glass from falling causing injury and museums and galleries use keyhole mounting for security and theft prevention.