20210420_175135.jpg

20210420_175012.jpg

20210420_174946.jpg

20210420_174915.jpg

20210420_174854.jpg

20210420_174839.jpg

20210420_174831.jpg

Oh my...another should I buy post.

Seriously...yes most definitely buy it...give me address and I'll drive it for you over a year and let you know what it might need. 😎

Do you like it enough to own it?

Yes or no.

It doesn't matter what any poster here thinks. It's you and only you.
Do you like it enough to own it without any exceptions? $$ is irrelevant. Might be the best deal around but if you don't really like it it's meaningless.

If you absolutely love it...what's that worth? Priceless.

Your pics...
It's a TJ. It's at least 15 years old. At least. Might be 25 years old.
If you're looking for a completely bone dry Jeep in amazing condition I suggest you look at a used JL.

Good luck.

Yup, looks like a TJ. No real concern in those pictures. Like others said, check the frame well

Major apologies to everyone with twisted panties. Posted the pictures and then got distracted (how dare I). Frame is in excellent shape. Valve cover,rear seal,oil pan gasket is not a major concern for me.
What I'm more worried about is what looks to be coolant dripping? (See yellow/greenish liquid in first pic.) That's not the water pump is it? Alternator?
It's not spraying coolant from while running from what I can tell.
Current owner had the coolant flushed last week, as well as new clutch, flywheel and brakes.

Jeep is pretty clean and almost completely stock, never lifted. 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sahara. 160,000 miles

Reactions: Vasq and Alex01
Major apologies to everyone with twisted panties. Posted the pictures and then got distracted (how dare I). Frame is in excellent shape. Valve cover,rear seal,oil pan gasket is not a major concern for me.
What I'm more worried about is what looks to be coolant dripping? (See yellow/greenish liquid in first pic.) That's not the water pump is it? Alternator?
Current owner had the coolant flushed last week, as well as new clutch, flywheel and brakes.

Jeep is pretty clean and almost completely stock, never lifted. 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sahara. 160,000 miles
Context helps.

The water pump is behind the fan so it could easily be that the fan is blowing fluid onto the alternator. I would check all the lines and then run it to see if you can find any active leaks. Could be nothing and just overflow from the burping process when refilling radiator.

Shouldn't be a big enough concern to not buy the jeep though since you said the frame checks out.

Good luck on the purchase and welcome to the forum. Try not to get too distracted and forget to show some photos once you pick it up. 😉

Last edited:
I'm not sure if its my monitor but those pics are like "bam" up in your face...take some from further back of the frame and body etc

Context helps.

The water pump is behind the fan so it would easily be that the fan is blowing fluid onto the alternator. I would check all the lines and then run it to see if you can find any active leaks. Could be nothing and just overflow from the burping process when refilling radiator.

Shouldn't be a big enough concern to not buy the jeep though since you said the frame checks out.

Good luck on the purchase and welcome to the forum. Try not to get too distracted and forget to show some photos once you pic

I don't think anyone's panties are in a bunch but I just never quite understand these posts...
It's a 22 year old vehicle. It's closer to 200k than 100k.

Moreover if you trust the owner that he had the clutch done and this and that...but now skeptical on something else...??
You either trust the person or not.

You either love it enough to own it or not.

I wish you happy Jeeping should you get it

The oil pan looks pretty rusty. As do a few other small things I see. Based on that, I’d check the frame really well.

What part of SC are you in?

Major apologies to everyone with twisted panties. Posted the pictures and then got distracted (how dare I).

You haven't been around here long enough to know that the sarcasm is very heavy.

I don't think anyone has twisted panties at all, I think you're merely reading your audience wrong.

How dare you.