Someone left a note on my Jeep

LMAO!!!!

Screenshot_20191213-131219_Textra.jpg

Now that I have a little time I'll share the sob stories. (I know its going to be long sorry in advance) The first guy left a note, then two days later I get a knock on the door. He said he noticed that I wasn't using my Jeep (I had no idea there was a law), I didn't need to but I told him that because I have a lot of cars, it depends on what I'm doing that day if I use the Jeep, or one of my cars.

Then he tells me that his parents have to go for treatments etc. and need something that is small and gets good gas mileage. I wouldn't never think of Wrangler and good gas mileage in the same thought. Since I have a lot of cars and his parents don't have money, well you know the rest.

The second guy comes to the house, tells me he is a friend of my Uncle then tells me he will take the mustang, and would also grab the jet ski's. I said you need to talk to my son who lives next door, he just left his stuff over here its not mine. Well he says but I don't know your son, can't you talk to him? Hell I don't you, but here you are. I kid you not he came to my house three times, talked for a good hour each time trying to be my pal. I called my Uncle told him, he said he isn't my friend I just know him. If my dogs didn't lose their minds when someone knocks I wouldn't have answered.

The third guy left a note on the mustang, then knocked on my door, I wasn't home but my DIL was at my house using the printer. Amanda told me this guy in his twenties told her he wanted the mustang because he wanted the wheels, and tires. Amanda said the guy was covered in grease, and oil etc. and told her I'm not usually dressed like this but I'm going on a date. She had a hard time not laughing, and really wanted to ask what he dressed like when not going on a date.

This is why my anti social ass couldn't live in a suburban neighborhood. If any of these guys hopped over my locked gate, passed all the no tresspassing / restricted area signs and hoofed down my driveway to knock on my door, he would quickly realize that I was not looking for a buddy to hang out with. The barrel just looks huge if you are staring at the wrong end of it. :oops:

Reactions: Fixer6 and reddvltj

Please, please, please tell me you said something fantastically crass at him after that hilarious offer.

Several years ago, I had a car for sale. Listed it on the usual sites. A woman called me up, telling me that she's the aunt of a friend of mine (should've been a red flag right there).

Her: "Will you take $2,000?"

Me: (after laughing) "No. That's less than a quarter of my asking price."

Her: "Well, I ran it through Kelley Blue Book and it came back at the amount you want for it."

Me: "Yeah? I ran it through KBB, too. Did you make sure to add all the options and the low mileage?"

Her: "No, but I doubt you'll sell it for the price you're asking."

Me: "Thanks for your interest."

Her: "Call me when you don't sell it!"

Me: "No thanks." (click!)

I sold it a week later to a guy who was starting his own business. He paid me my asking price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrprez and Squatch
A week after buying my Rubicon this past spring for a shade under 6k, guy at a gas station in my town offered me 9k on the spot for it. His bank was across the street and he’d go get the cash now... should of took it but I liked it too much / new to me factor. Seen him about a month later and the offer was still good but it and also should of took it. 6 months later, Now the JL bug is hitting me hard so if I see him again...

I get offers all the time when I drive my K10. At stop lights, convenient stores, the recycle yard. I’ve had people follow me to work and home just to look and make an offer. The best so far is $20k. I had a guy show my $12k in $100 bills once. My answer is the same every time. I’m going to be buried in her. Since my last K10 was stolen I’m very careful. It has a well hidden kill switch and stays in the garage. Here’s a partial pic of her with a beautiful AZ sunset from Josephine canyon.
DA6540DA-16A9-47BA-8F7C-FEA224D6D707.jpeg

I get “nice jeep” a lot when I’m out with it but never any offers it buy. I have to admit the Chevy is my first love and the Jeep is my mistress.

I love those old square Chevys and GMCs. Those are what occupied most of my time between my last Jeep and this one. When they started being looked at as classics and prices went up to match Jeeps, I decided to go back to my first love.

Here's the answer to ALL the stewpit lowball offers that *I* have been getting over the last 152 years: "Yeah, that sounds good...when can you give me the REST?"

My thought exactly . The only worse thing is when TJ owners get on here and call it a "car" or use these words -

Trunk, sport bar, cab, truck, convertible, camper shell, donut , running boards, etc ...

We are now fining people for that. I docked a guy minus 50 points for calling the back area the trunk.

We can't just let folks run willy nilly. I'm not sure what willy nilly is , but I'm against it .

What you do is slap it on the closest car and drive off . Spread the love. Especially if it's a cop car.
That would be me and it’s a god damn trunk😂 If someone calls my car a rig it makes me wanna throw up. I think: Oh god are people putting me in the truck guy community?😂

Now the JL bug is hitting me hard so if I see him again...

I don't understand the big draw of the JLs. They have an entirely too short pick-up bed and LEDs on the fenders. They're ass-expensive.

In my mind, they're like the GoPro cameras. There's such a lusting for "the latest HERO camera" that you can find earlier model cameras for unbelievably cheap.

I don't understand the big draw of the JLs. They have an entirely too short pick-up bed and LEDs on the fenders. They're ass-expensive.

In my mind, they're like the GoPro cameras. There's such a lusting for "the latest HERO camera" that you can find earlier model cameras for unbelievably cheap.

JL, not the JT. JL is the new JK

Reactions: reddvltj