Someone make this for a TJ ASAP

Zedd

TJ Enthusiast
You know how you can add more trunk to the trunk? Yih know how in order to have extra trunk space you gotta take out the backseat? Why don’t they make something that mounts in the center so you can have your backseat folded up; having it go no where and have that extra cargo space!

Why isnt this a thing?

You know how you can add more trunk to the trunk? Yih know how in order to have extra trunk space you gotta take out the backseat? Why don’t they make something that mounts in the center so you can have your backseat folded up; having it go no where and have that extra cargo space!

Why isnt this a thing?

I'm having a hard time picturing this, like a storage compartment built onto the floor so that the seat sits on top of it and then folds up to reveal the storage when needed?

Reactions: Rygrego
i think it already is a tumble forward design. No need to remove it.
Or do you mean like a Lexus/Landcruiser 3rd row seat?
images.jpeg

i think it already is a tumble forward design. No need to remove it.

This is why I'm having a hard time picturing it I think. My seat tumbles forward without having to be removed. Maybe OP doesn't know about this feature, sounds strange but I had a buddy who owned a TJ for 2 years and didn't know the seats tumble forward lol

When I owned a CJ-5 I had a rear seat that was mounted on top of a storage box. You lifted the seat cushion to access the box. I kept my tools and recovery gear in it, and anything else I wanted locked up (it had a lock). I'm trying to picture a TJ seat with the same feature that could still fold and tumble if you wanted more floor space. There is a fair amount of wasted space under the seat as is.

Reactions: hyperdub808
When I owned a CJ-5 I had a rear seat that was mounted on top of a storage box. You lifted the seat cushion to access the box. I kept my tools and recovery gear in it, and anything else I wanted locked up (it had a lock). I'm trying to picture a TJ seat with the same feature that could still fold and tumble if you wanted more floor space. There is a fair amount of wasted space under the seat as is.

Agreed. I occupied some of my wasted under seat storage yesterday.
73229085_2444966602452388_131109898254548992_n.jpg

73236403_2486905544917090_5287773837151174656_n.jpg

A thin storage box or something similar would be pretty handy to have slid under and bolted down.

This is why I'm having a hard time picturing it I think. My seat tumbles forward without having to be removed. Maybe OP doesn't know about this feature, sounds strange but I had a buddy who owned a TJ for 2 years and didn't know the seats tumble forward lol
Guys guys guyssss...

You can fold the seat forward. We all know this. The point is: if you drive the seat will fall back to the original position. Online I see storage that you can buy for the trunk but why not just make something that keeps the seat forward but allows you to have all that space like when the seat is forward. Understood? Feel me?

Reactions: Hog and matkal
Guys guys guyssss...

You can fold the seat forward. We all know this. The point is: if you drive the seat will fall back to the original position. Online I see storage that you can buy for the trunk but why not just make something that keeps the seat forward but allows you to have all that space like when the seat is forward. Understood? Feel me?
New TJ's came equipped with a strap that connected the folded rear seat to the driver side sport bar. This strap would prevent the rear seat from falling back down, since its a discontinued part most people just use a bungee cord in the same fashion.
https://www.wermopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-strap-55196450ac
But your looking for a larger Insta-Trunk it sounds like.

Reactions: Squatch
New TJ's came equipped with a strap that connected the folded rear seat to the driver side sport bar. This strap would prevent the rear seat from falling back down, since its a discontinued part most people just use a bungee cord in the same fashion.
https://www.wermopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-strap-55196450ac
But your looking for a larger Insta-Trunk it sounds like.

I’m not but I guess a bungie cord will do. The point of all this was a product that existed. Not a make shift thingy

mine came with a factory strap that loops over the seat and keeps it steady. its attached to the roll cage.

Reactions: Squatch
Guys guys guyssss...

Mine came with a strap that went around the sport bar with the padding unzipped and then fed through a slit in the padding. It looped over the mechanism when folded forward

Reactions: Squatch and Vasq