Somewhat new member from Michigan

busted33

Just checking in to say hello to all the Jeep folks out there. I signed up for the forum almost a year ago and made my first post just yesterday. I am in Brighton Michigan just north of Ann Arbor and wheel my Jeep in the sand dunes, local offroad parks and multiple trips a year to the Upper Pennisula trail riding. I have a 2000 Sport that I have had for 6 years now. This vehicle is already in the process of a significant makeover (LS engine swap and dana 60 axle conversion).

Looking forward to the discussions on this site

Reactions: Chris
Hey fellow Michiganders! I'm not sure what kind of riding you do with your Jeep I was at the Autorama last month in Detroit and found out they are opening a new ORV park in north Holly in July. Its called Holly Oaks ORV park. If you are into riding trails, mud pits or rock crawling they will have it all there. Website for info is www.detroit4fest.com. Could be a cool place for a once a year Michigan Jeep jamboree. Im just saying

Reactions: matkal
Pics when I bought her 6 years ago. Wasnt she purdy?

Rear.jpg
Passenger side.jpg
Passenger compartment.jpg
Front 2.jpg

Hey fellow Michiganders! I'm not sure what kind of riding you do with your Jeep I was at the Autorama last month in Detroit and found out they are opening a new ORV park in north Holly in July. Its called Holly Oaks ORV park. If you are into riding trails, mud pits or rock crawling they will have it all there. Website for info is www.detroit4fest.com. Could be a cool place for a once a year Michigan Jeep jamboree. Im just saying

Seen the road commission in there about a week ago dumping dirt in piles up alongside Dixie. Doesnt look like my cup of tea in there though. happy to see the gravel pit, county parks & DNR collaborate on the project rather than digging and ditching the gravel pit like many others in the state. lots of work has been progressing there the past year or 2 though, looks nearly ready for opening minus the outbuildings and entrance sign completion.

Seen the road commission in there about a week ago dumping dirt in piles up alongside Dixie. Doesnt look like my cup of tea in there though. happy to see the gravel pit, county parks & DNR collaborate on the project rather than digging and ditching the gravel pit like many others in the state. lots of work has been progressing there the past year or 2 though, looks nearly ready for opening minus the outbuildings and entrance sign completion.
I talked to a guy who is involved with the orv park. They are building a section that is a to scale replica of some of the obstacles in Moab. Sounded pretty interesting. I’ll go check it out but it’s not necessary my thing either but there’s not a lot close by.

I talked to a guy who is involved with the orv park. They are building a section that is a to scale replica of some of the obstacles in Moab. Sounded pretty interesting. I’ll go check it out but it’s not necessary my thing either but there’s not a lot close by.

Interesting for sure and definitely not alot nearby, mounds seems to get smaller and smaller (or busier and busier). orv routes are kinda limited too in all honesty, MI dnr trails throughout the state seems to cater to the dirt bike and quads imo. I'd love to just hop on and drive a 2track for hours taking in the sights... I've been spoiled out west where it's nearly a free for all.

Reactions: matkal
Just checking in to say hello to all the Jeep folks out there. I signed up for the forum almost a year ago and made my first post just yesterday. I am in Brighton Michigan just north of Ann Arbor and wheel my Jeep in the sand dunes, local offroad parks and multiple trips a year to the Upper Pennisula trail riding. I have a 2000 Sport that I have had for 6 years now. This vehicle is already in the process of a significant makeover (LS engine swap and dana 60 axle conversion).

Looking forward to the discussions on this site
Welcome aboard. Show some pics.
I use to live in Glengarry Canton, Go Blue!