Son bought a Gladiator

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
My son just traded his eight year old JK in and got a new Gladiator. He has only had it a couple days, but loves it thus far. I tried to talk him into the Rubicon, but he got the Overland package. It has all the bells and whistles so he is happy. For him it is transporation not a hobby or sport. Can't wait to try it.

They are nice. I drove one for a couple days with 35s and it still had a ton of power to get up and go on the highway and could still get 17-19 mpg (according to the dash info anyway).

Congrats to him! They are very capable stock. I too have the Overland, but next summer will start building into a better trail and offroad vehicle. I am getting 18-19 around town, and 24+ highway mileage. They are very comfortable to ride in, and just as quiet (hardtop) as most other mid-size trucks. It's great to have removable top and doors as well!

And nothing wrong with the Rubicon, if I were not going to be modifying it, I would have gone that route. But since I will be removing most of what makes it a Rubicon, I went a bit less money, and less guilt about removing good parts. I did swap out the stock plastic running boards with Rubicon rails, they are available for $200 or less.

Man if they put a hemi in......I’ve seen a few local now. Bone stock they look really out of proportion to me, but I feel that way about all Jeeps (at least the JK and JL) but yesterday they had a blue one on the Jeep lot....damn that color was amazing.

Then I laughed. We have a white 4Runner, a red TJ and I thought...if I bought a blue one I’d have a cool driveway. 😂

Anyway, congratulations to your son and post pics.

Reactions: TWiG01 and Daron
Man if they put a hemi in......I’ve seen a few local now. Bone stock they look really out of proportion to me, but I feel that way about all Jeeps (at least the JK and JL) but yesterday they had a blue one on the Jeep lot....damn that color was amazing.

Then I laughed. We have a white 4Runner, a red TJ and I thought...if I bought a blue one I’d have a cool driveway. 😂

Anyway, congratulations to your son and post pics.
I have a white truck, red car and blue Jeep 🇺🇸

I really like the look of a gladiator with 37’s to 40’s.