Wisconsin Southeast Wisconsin axle shop recommendations

Egadz

Supporting Member
Im looking to upgrade my rear from a Dana 35 to 44 and do some regearing. Can anyone recommend a good shop to do the work? Thx!!

May I make a suggestion?
I'm in business and I'd like to help a colleague out but I know nobody up there...

Get a 44 out the bone yard...a Rubicon if you can swing it...
Will have 4.10's in it and a damn good locker that you can get creative to make work very nice

There is a franchised owned meineke in Oak Creek/Franklin that do great honest work.

I never had them do anything as extensive as an axle swap.... but they are all experienced mechanics.

If I still lived in WI.... thats the first place I would go.

If I remember... Paul is the owner

Reactions: Egadz
Thx. And I agree, though id need some help to make sure i order it correctly. But i also need the front end regeared and no way can i take that on.
Just to clarify, it would be a junkyard Rubicon Dana 44 from a 2004 through 2006 Wrangler Rubicon.

Now if you wanted to order a brand new axle from the likes of Dynatrac and their ProRock 44 or Currie Enterprises and their RockJock 44 then you would get an axle that could be bolted in if ordered that way. Dyantrac or Currie would do all the heavy lifting like welding on all your link brackets.

There are a few companies that offer bolt in brand new axle assemblies that can be built to your specs.
They include:
  • Dynatrac
  • Currie
  • Carbon Axle
  • G2 Axle
  • Teraflex

Thx. And I agree, though id need some help to make sure i order it correctly. But i also need the front end regeared and no way can i take that on.
I see this is a few years old...what did you end up doing? Did you find a local shop? I've met with a couple shops in Southern WI and haven't had the best feelings about them.

I havent taken any action yet. Kinda blew my funny money budget on a new triathlon bike. I have two references i will try to visit this summer. We’ll see!