Michigan Southwest Michigan Jeep mechanics and gear shops

thomat65

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I live in St Joseph, Berrien County.

Just for my future records, does anyone know of any good Jeep mechanics and gear shops within a couple of hours of here?

I don't really know what I mean by "Jeep mechanic". I guess someone who does good work and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I like doing my own work when I can, but it's nice knowing there's a reputable mechanic if I need one. I haven't yet found one I'm super comfortable with. One place seemed a little too eager to take my money; another place was recommended by a coworker but when I took my car there I got the very intimidating feeling that I was wasting their time so I've avoided them; when I needed my AC fixed I just took it to a dealer (that's a job I should have done myself).

Last edited:
If you don't mind driving to grand rapids, Neely's Restoration is pretty good. Not sure how much mechanic work he gets into, but he does pretty phenomenal work with rust repair and other body work.

Buddy of mine has had good luck with never enough auto in grant too, but that's a bit further from you.

Reactions: thomat65