Spare key

Well I have some stuff that is $$ so I have lock it. The soft top, yes, I can but it's winter here in the NE so I rock a hard top. I get lock out calls twice daily and they are all a piece of cake. The Tj and earlier with a hard top, by far the hardest to get into. Luckily for me, the vehicle was running and I was able to shut the jeep off, pull the keys out of the ignition and through the door that was wedged. Yes, I'm that good lol. All this talk about a worn key n stuff is just crazy. This thread was for the best place to hide a spare lol knuckle heads. Love ya all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always lock mine. Can't make it that easy. Plus, every step a creature has to take to break in shows intent. Not saying they will get caught, but if they do it may be a more severe crime they get punished for.

Lots of places to securely hide a key on a jeep...;)

SC

Reactions: IronCity
I never lock my doors when the soft top is on and one evening someone rifled through my Jeep in my driveway. The nice part is they left a nice set of work gloves :)

I didn't think anything of it till a neighbor told me there had been a rash of breaking an enterings lately in the neighborhood and went ahead and notified the police for me for tracking purposes. When the detective came to interview me I told him I didn't call because 1) nothing had been stolen and 2) I didn't lock it so I didn't think it qualified as B&E. He informed me that "breaking" is "breaking the seal of entry." In other words, just opening the door qualified.

I never lock my doors, and only occasionally lock the tailgate. The lock cylinder on the drivers door will turn with anything that's inserted, and the passenger side won't turn at all, lol.

I never lock my doors when the soft top is on and one evening someone rifled through my Jeep in my driveway. The nice part is they left a nice set of work gloves :)

I didn't think anything of it till a neighbor told me there had been a rash of breaking an enterings lately in the neighborhood and went ahead and notified the police for me for tracking purposes. When the detective came to interview me I told him I didn't call because 1) nothing had been stolen and 2) I didn't lock it so I didn't think it qualified as B&E. He informed me that "breaking" is "breaking the seal of entry." In other words, just opening the door qualified.

I don't think your state has "breaking and entering" it's just constitutes a simple burglary.

In Utah if any part of your body entered a vehicle it was vehicle burglary. Then if you actually took some thing I added theft to the charge.

Reactions: Chris and IronCity
Larceny/theft same thing. Amount of money involved determines the degree of wrong doing-- misdemeanor verses felony. Burglary- unlawful entry for the purpose of theft. ———-No intend to steal means trespassing. Need to catch the bastards with something they stole!

Reactions: VirtualRussel
I have a spare key at home and a third key which always comes out with me, the third key does not have a transponder on it so can only open the doors but cant start the engine, this is a key I use just incase i do anything silly like lock my key inside the car.

Reactions: IronCity
This is so true. I've never locked my doors (or my center consul) since I bought my jeep. It's pointless. Especially when the top is off. The only thing I lock is my tailgate.

It's a running joke with my wife and I when we are parking somewhere with the top down...."did you lock it?". It was funny the first time when she turned around to check :).