Spare tire brake light LED ring

Fire350

Update: I found one on Quadratec.

Looking for a plug and play LED ring of lights that installs behind the spare tire. 2004 LJ. Amazon only has 2007 and newer.

Anyone have one they can share a link to?

Last edited:
It seems like it would be a no brainer but I bought one a few years ago and the spare wheel (stock) would not clear the ring. I destroyed the ring trying to cut it down, I ended up mounting a trailer tail light that can be seen through the bike frame.
i don’t always run a spare But you can see the light pretty well with the spare mounted.

60FC735F-7CF2-46D0-8CB1-25F41AE423CA.jpeg

EB37FC1E-10BA-4E30-B8EC-365EEC250994.jpeg

Reactions: Bobohunter1776
Most of those only work with 16" or larger wheels. I redesigned my $25 Ebay cheapo. You could barely see any of the lights with my 15" wheels. Hard to believe none of the LEDs have quit working after 5 years.
Brake light 3.jpg

It's less vehicle specific and more tire size...sure the JK version might have a harness and correct plugs...like Boogieman said just find one that'll work with a 15" tire and wire away.

I ended up mounting a pod light on top of my swing out tire carrier with a cross bar holding GMRS and CB antennas. The pod does red/white and makes a great reverse light and third brake light.

I wanted quick access to the spare tire and didn't want to deal with disconnecting a light. Thoughts being...at least for me...that about the time you need a spare is when you're tired, wet and cold...and less shit in the way the better.

-Mac

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
When these first came out they were about $70. Somebody came up with a plan to DIY using a 5 gallon bucket lid and a string of LEDs from Super Bright LEDs. Being a COB, (Cheap Old Bastard), that's what I did.
004.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: macleanflood
It seems like it would be a no brainer but I bought one a few years ago and the spare wheel (stock) would not clear the ring. I destroyed the ring trying to cut it down, I ended up mounting a trailer tail light that can be seen through the bike frame.
i don’t always run a spare But you can see the light pretty well with the spare mounted.

View attachment 403715

View attachment 403716

Dude, what Trek is that? That thing is rad! I didn't know Trek ever made the lefty style forks.

It's less vehicle specific and more tire size...sure the JK version might have a harness and correct plugs...like Boogieman said just find one that'll work with a 15" tire and wire away.

I ended up mounting a pod light on top of my swing out tire carrier with a cross bar holding GMRS and CB antennas. The pod does red/white and makes a great reverse light and third brake light.

I wanted quick access to the spare tire and didn't want to deal with disconnecting a light. Thoughts being...at least for me...that about the time you need a spare is when you're tired, wet and cold...and less shit in the way the better.

-Mac

in the old days when you were tired, wet and cold that was when the shift linkage would fall off