Spark plugs fouled

Could this have been the reason my jeep wasn’t starting it turns over but it never ignited looks like all 5 of them fouled out

EC41835E-CEA2-4E9F-8B86-62055EB1FAF4.jpeg

Can’t really see the plug tips in your pic. The top one is almost visible, but other than a lot of oil residue they look almost new. Can you get a better pic of the tips?

While they do have a lot of carbon on them; I doubt they would stop the engine from starting, but I would certainly check the gap on those plugs. In the picture... the gap appears to be more than .035.
You need to determine whether its spark or fuel that is causing it not to start.
Items that stop the engine from starting such as Crank Position Sensor and Automatic Shutdown Relay.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWR and JMT
I’ve seen a lot worse run really great. Did you get your Jeep started? If not you need to decide if your not getting fuel or fire?
Does your Jeep run?

Reactions: JMT
I replaced the Opda I replaced the crankshaft sensor I kept the oem camshaft sensor I’m not getting any codes accept for my O2 sensors but my catalytic converter was recently stolen so there’s that I’m just stumped

I was thinking possible O2 sensor problem too. If you replace them make sure to stick with either NTK or NGK, don't use a store brand and especially don't use Bosch.

I did a cross country journey with it over December while it was straight piped everything is off I took it to muffler shop and they did the stuff

So, your cats were stolen? Are you talking the rear cat or the mini cats at the exhaust manifold?
You're running straight pipe from the manifold? You said you have o2 sensor codes, what are the codes and do you even have the sensors hooked up.

Reactions: Kid Mechanic
Mini cats cat in the back all gone
IF I am understanding you correctly; your main CC was stolen and then an exhaust shop removed the pre CCs and installed a straight pipe... Is there a muffler installed ?
I am sure you feel a little increase in power in the higher RPMs, but you need some back pressure in the exhaust system for normal torque to be created.
As previously asked by other members; are the O2 sensors installed in the exhaust manifold or just hanging wires?

Last edited: