Speaker Box for TJ build

Carl Barnett

Built speaker box that has two small shelf speakers on top...subwoofer facing seatback for protection...amplifier behind door...really happy with the brace that I made going across both sides of rollbar...stops it bouncing around and really easy to take box out...just a quarter turn on brace

image1(1).jpeg

image2(1).jpeg

Did you put the speakers in a separate chamber of the box than the subs to prevent the pressure from sub pushing on the speakers?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CreepinDeth
Because of limited size possible for box...installed just one 10 inch slim subwoofer...made separate chambers for shelf speakers and backfilled chambers with cushion filler...the brace was made up of plumbing pipe and connectors...all terminals for speakers are behind door with amplifier...also put two plastic pipes to feed wires from front of car separating power on one side with speaker the other..will post more pictures soon

Because of limited size possible for box...installed just one 10 inch slim subwoofer...made separate chambers for shelf speakers and backfilled chambers with cushion filler...the brace was made up of plumbing pipe and connectors...all terminals for speakers are behind door with amplifier...also put two plastic pipes to feed wires from front of car separating power on one side with speaker the other..will post more pictures soon

Can you clarify this, so your box is holding two shelf speakers and a 10" subwoofer? Are the subwoofer and amplifier both behind that black woven material?

No the subwoofer is facing to the seat back...set back obviously to stop touching...the door is just hiding the amp/cables and terminals...will pull it out and post more pictures...no probs

No the subwoofer is facing to the seat back...set back obviously to stop touching...the door is just hiding the amp/cables and terminals...will pull it out and post more pictures...no probs

Ah, that makes sense...nice. It was tough to envision that speaker facing that way without seeing it.

What is your front sound stage looking like? What do you have in the front? Also what brand of amp and sub did you throw in the back? More details the merrier! I am about to do my next upgrade which is adding tweeters to the A pillars. Got an idea while at home depot for a tweeter pod, 1.5" pcv cap, steel nipple and a balljoint. Probably gonna tackle this in a couple weeks.

Guys some of you already know far more than me...this is my partners car that I like to play with...all speakers and amp are pioneer...living in Lanzarote the choice is not soo great!!..just posting to give ideas...for me this website is great getting ideas and info...saludos

Guys some of you already know far more than me...this is my partners car that I like to play with...all speakers and amp are pioneer...living in Lanzarote the choice is not soo great!!..just posting to give ideas...for me this website is great getting ideas and info...saludos

Holy cow! I had no idea you were on an island. Yeah, must be difficult to source parts. Great job though, looks clean.