Occasional crackling noises from dash speakers

Hammer24

TJ Enthusiast
Since I removed my soundbar I've noticed occasional crackling noises from my dash speakers. It seems to be only during some songs/pitches? Also I tried adjusting the bass and treble and I might be imagining things but I think it made a slight difference when I turned the bass down, although it's hard to measure differences as like I said, sometimes the sound is perfectly fine and other times not. Anybody have any ideas why this would happen only when I remove the soundbar? The speakers worked perfectly beforehand. Cheers

I pulled them out but I think it could be the foam padding in there with the speakers so I’ll just leave that out when I put new ones in. (I had the same problem)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a bit of a bump, I noticed that when I play music through an aux cord that it doesn't crackle or make that static noise. So i assume it isn't the speakers, could it be something antenna related? Or even the head unit?

Are you saying it only crackles using the radio? Because I’d check that antenna mount if it’s just the radio drifting.
Yeah I played a few hours of my own music without any issues, when it's the radio playing the crackling is on and off (sometimes completely fine). How do i check the antenna mount?

Undo the hex nut on the base of the whip and look for corrosion would be my first choice, then I’d look behind the glove box and insure the lead is making a decent connection with the head unit. I don’t think you can get to the body mount without some gymnastic wrenching.

Undo the hex nut on the base of the whip and look for corrosion would be my first choice, then I’d look behind the glove box and insure the lead is making a decent connection with the head unit. I don’t think you can get to the body mount without some gymnastic wrenching.
Thanks how do I tell which lead it is?