Special editions raise your hands!

Basiasadie

TJ Enthusiast
Got a special/limited edition? Show 'em off here.

I've got the 2003 Rubicon Tomb Raider Edition.

dd4a05cc0cd5ad99b6dddf1d28d2360b.jpg
d25ce744c05fb0cf6cd2d25b13c7a55a.jpg
504244fe8c316df6a2c26ed17f224ed8.jpg

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
That looks really good @Basiasadie!

The red accents are subtle but add to the look. What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

It was owned by a collector who ran out of room and he traded it to our local Chrysler dealership, I saw it right as he drove off, then picked it up the next day.

Reactions: Chris
It was owned by a collector who ran out of room and he traded it to our local Chrysler dealership, I saw it right as he drove off, then picked it up the next day.

Honestly, you lucked out! I paid 19k for my 2005 Rubicon with 70k miles and 100% rust free (that's what they go for in this part of the country though). A Tomb Raider model is easily the most rare of the TJs.

I'd have a hard time with that thing! Part of me would want to off-road it, but the other part of me would want to keep it as clean as possible since it's a real gem and may very well one day be worth a pretty penny if it stays in great condition.

Honestly, you lucked out! I paid 19k for my 2005 Rubicon with 70k miles and 100% rust free (that's what they go for in this part of the country though). A Tomb Raider model is easily the most rare of the TJs.

I'd have a hard time with that thing! Part of me would want to off-road it, but the other part of me would want to keep it as clean as possible since it's a real gem and may very well one day be worth a pretty penny if it stays in great condition.
Its rust free as well.

I'm having the same dilemma, I live 4 hours away from moab and there are all sorts of trails in my area(I'm near Aspen co) but aside from not knowing exactly what has been modded and done to my tj, I don't want to run it into the ground on a trail.

Its rust free as well.

I'm having the same dilemma, I live 4 hours away from moab and there are all sorts of trails in my area(I'm near Aspen co) but aside from not knowing exactly what has been modded and done to my tj, I don't want to run it into the ground on a trail.

If you have the money and the means, I'd pick up a second TJ just to wheel. I only say that because given the limited number of Tomb Raider models produced (and the fact that probably only X number of them are in the condition yours is) I think 20 years from now (or something like that) you might be able to turn quite a profit on that.

I'm not saying it will ever be worth the value of some of the cars you see at Jackson Barrett, but if it is in as good of condition as you make it sound to be, someone will pay a lot for it one day.

I wish I had the cash to do that, this one is being financed cause damn its expensive to live in my area, Im moving in June to a better job and hopefully to where I can pay this off and get a second jeep.

I wish I had the cash to do that, this one is being financed cause damn its expensive to live in my area, Im moving in June to a better job and hopefully to where I can pay this off and get a second jeep.

Not a bad idea. That really is a cool rig, hands down the coolest TJ (in my opinion) that they made. Sure, I'm not a Tomb Raider fan in general, but the limited edition aspect of it and the fact that it was in a movie is just badass.

Keep it clean. One day it will be well worth having financed!

Wow haha paid 19.5k for my 04 with no rust and like 10 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow haha paid 19.5k for my 04 with no rust and like 10 miles

It's all dependent on where you're located.

Here in Portland, Oregon a clean 03-06 Rubicon with low miles and rust free regularly goes for 18-23k depending on a variety of factors. That's no exaggeration either. The ones that go for 19k on Craigslist are there and gone within a matter of a month at most usually.

It just goes to show how different pricing can be depending on where you're located in the US. The Rubicon here in Portland commands a much higher resale value just due to the fact that it's a Rubicon. If mine had been a standard Wrangler with the same amount of miles I probably would have paid about 14k roughly.

What would you say is reasonable to pay for an 02 X, no rust, 74k miles.

In my neck of the woods it would probably be listed for around 13-15k depending.

Here's an example of something similar that's local:
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/ctd/5335430888.html

That's just Oregon pricing through, not sure about the rest of the US. You don't really have to worry about rust up here for the most part since they don't salt the roads and we're not by the beach or anything so no salty air.

Out here in Colo, jeeps are in pretty high demand, you'll either pay way more money than you should, or you will get one dirt cheap but run into the ground.

Out here in Colo, jeeps are in pretty high demand, you'll either pay way more money than you should, or you will get one dirt cheap but run into the ground.

Same exact thing in Oregon. The price of then goes up even more in the Summer (rightfully so), but they seem to be pretty high in demand here also. And, just like you said, you either pay way more than you ought to, or you find one for dirt cheap that's just beat to shit (or a 4 cylinder, LOL).