Spray Painting Without a Compressor

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
Not that I'm recommending this, but for those who have a project involving some paint that doesn't come in a rattle-can, and who don't yet have a compressor or spray gun.

This thread shows some decent results with Preval.

Jaquard offers a reusable can that takes pressure from a Schrader valve. I've tried it, and while it's fine for shooting Kroil or Fluid Film into hard-to-reach places, it doesn't provide a good spray with SEM paint. I even bought a set of different tops/caps and couldn't get anything to work.

But then there are handheld, electric turbine sprayers like those by HomeRight. I recently one with SEM Landau Black on some vinyl parts and it worked very well.

Other options out there?

I once used a grace airless to spray a truck. I used a marine grade oil paint tinted to what to what I was looking for. Definitely worked looked decent- for what I was expecting on a vehicle that was off road 50 of the time. That paint was not kind on the sprayer though. Could not get it cleaned out. 😏

I once used a grace airless to spray a truck. I used a marine grade oil paint tinted to what to what I was looking for. Definitely worked looked decent- for what I was expecting on a vehicle that was off road 50 of the time. That paint was not kind on the sprayer though. Could not get it cleaned out because I was afraid to use dirty nasty solvents to properly clean my expensive airless sprayer.
Fixed it for you! Sorry, couldn’t resist

• Haha
Reactions: JustDandee