Spring time in the Rockies

ColoJeep

Just a car guy
Supporting Member
IMG_1269.JPG
This morning 05/21/2022 at our house,
Just thinking of you guys running around without doors or tops, with tires that stick out 5" outboard of your flairs !
This is why I laugh to myself at the threads where everybody is wringing their hands over painting the shocks on their TJ's . :LOL:

View attachment 332100This morning 05/21/2022 at our house,
Just thinking of you guys running around without doors or tops, with tires that stick out 5" outboard of your flairs !
This is why I laugh to myself at the threads where everybody is wringing their hands over painting the shocks on their TJ's . :LOL:

No snow at my house but if I was 300' higher I would have.

Reactions: ColoJeep
Yeah.... we temporarily got down into the low 60's a couple nights ago when that front went through here... back up to 90 currently. I almost closed the window that night.

I drove around in it today for a couple hours. Still cool enough for that as long as you have a nice cool drink on hand. Top might be going on in a week or two.

My Jeep is the first vehicle I have owned with A/C after 40+ years living in the Phoenix area. I am a big crybaby now if I can't run the A/C.

• Haha
I drove around in it today for a couple hours. Still cool enough for that as long as you have a nice cool drink on hand. Top might be going on in a week or two.
Enjoy it while you can ! The morning I took the photo the temp. was 19 F.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
My Jeep is the first vehicle I have owned with A/C after 40+ years living in the Phoenix area. I am a big crybaby now if I can't run the A/C.
The AC was fully charged last year and actually combats the 115° temperatures pretty nicely.

I don't mind the heat that much. When it's over 112° it's hot for sure but the days 105° stuff I've gotten used to. Such a Phoenix thing to say.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• USA Proud
  • Wow
Reactions: ColoJeep and RINC
Enjoy it while you can ! The morning I took the photo the temp. was 19 F.
So, from your Avatar I see you're at nearly 10K ft. That's not unusual in the CO mountains at that height. You can have July morning like that.

I lived for 22 years in Spokane WA. I can remember -28 and windy a few days after we topped 6' of snow in a 4 day stretch. In fact I remember taking a show blower on the roof of my house several times to take 3+ FT of snow off before a warm rain front moved in. So glad I'm out of that crap.

Pretty wild temperature swing with 90° on 5/20 and then to 33° and 4" of snow on 5/21/2022. We had a lot of broken banches and power outages for the first half of the day in burbs'. Thankfully we only lost one branch on our maple tree.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColoJeep and jjvw
Pretty wild temperature swing with 90° on 5/20 and then to 33° and 4" of snow on 5/21/2022. We had a lot of broken banches and power outages for the first half of the day in burbs'. Thankfully we only lost branch on our maple tree.
And all the snow was gone by the next day with temps in the high 50s. It's almost like it never happened.

Reactions: rasband
It *just* stopped raining here last week ... We have had three 70F days and it's been amazing.

That much snow is cray cray!