Sprintex 4.0L inline 6 supercharger - $1700 (Cookeville)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, you're going to love it!! Excited to see another boosted Jeep being built on the forum!!

Thanks! Really looking forward to it. This will be my first non-NA vehicle. Did you install yours? Trying to get ideas on how long it will actually take.

Thanks! Really looking forward to it. This will be my first non-NA vehicle. Did you install yours? Trying to get ideas on how long it will actually take.

I installed mine, and it was a straight forward bolt on job. I have the Kenne Belle blower, which is a very different setup than Sprintex, but they're all bolt on and straight forward. You shouldn't have a problem knocking it out in one weekend. Is it coming with larger injectors? What kind of engine management are you going to use? Did they send you a PCM or tuner?

My recommendations before/during install:

*New upstream NGK 02 sensors
*New NGK BKR7E spark plugs
*What's your exhaust situation? You want a 2.5" cat back or at least a free flowing muffler (Borla Pro XS works great). Headers are beneficial but not necessary.
*Check fuel pressure - stock fuel pump is fine for 6psi if in good shape
*Are you using a stock throttle body? If you're going to do a new tune, put on a larger TB before the tune (bored 62MM/Dodge 4.7 68MM/BBK/Painless 68MM) - makes a big difference for draw through blowers.

Gotcha. Yea I have read through the instruction manual a few times to familiarize myself. Yes, it is coming with Bosch 0280158193 injectors and the DiabloSport Tune that was paired with the SC.

Definitely changing O2 sensors
New spark plugs sitting in the passenger seat
Cat-back Dynomax 2.5" Exhaust already installed
No header plans right now
Do need to check fuel pressure
Was planning on running stock TB...but guess I could upgrade while I'm under there

Gotcha. Yea I have read through the instruction manual a few times to familiarize myself. Yes, it is coming with Bosch 0280158193 injectors and the DiabloSport Tune that was paired with the SC.

Definitely changing O2 sensors
New spark plugs sitting in the passenger seat
Cat-back Dynomax 2.5" Exhaust already installed
No header plans right now
Do need to check fuel pressure
Was planning on running stock TB...but guess I could upgrade while I'm under there

Awesome, sounds like you got what you need to make it go smoothly! If the tune is setup for a stock TB (ask seller what they had on there) , then you don't need to upgrade now. Will have to revise tune when you upgrade to a larger TB.

Awesome, sounds like you got what you need to make it go smoothly! If the tune is setup for a stock TB (ask seller what they had on there) , then you don't need to upgrade now. Will have to revise tune when you upgrade to a larger TB.

Awesome. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: Alex0413
Any updates on how the Sprintex has worked out for you?

I really wish I knew. My wife and I just bought a new house and have had construction for the past few weeks. Been too busy to even start on it. Hopefully in the next few weeks when I’m back in town, I can get started on it and give a good report.

Reactions: Bababooey
Status
Not open for further replies.