Stage Two has begun!

Ryan Thomas

I have no idea how I got here.
Supporting Member
So, I figured that since I had to do the lift earlier than planned (Due to rethinking my choice of gearing), I might as well fire off Stage Two of my plan!
So, it has begun! Stage two consists of the following things:

Savvy control arm set
Rokmen belly-up skid plate
Novak Shifter Cable
Advance adapters SYE
Tom Woods drive shaft
replacement axle shafts for both ends

Lockers will happen when I end up swapping axles later ;)

I get to pick the control arms up on Wednesday, and the rest should be here sometime this week...
Excited!

You my friend have good taste! You're going to love the Johnny Joints, I know I do!

What kind of lockets are you going to end up going with (when the time comes)?

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
You my friend have good taste! You're going to love the Johnny Joints, I know I do!

What kind of lockets are you going to end up going with (when the time comes)?
Preferably one that fits a picture on both sides... ;)

Seriously, though, I honestly haven't decided. Either ARB Air lockers, or electronic lockers.
The ARB ones would be nice because it'll give me an excuse to add a constant-duty air compressor to the Jeep. But, the electronic ones would be nice because there's no air line issues etc. to worry about.

I've gotten to use both many times, and like both - but not entirely sure which I'll end up going with. I am thinking that whatever it is will be in a Currie axle setup.

And yeah, I can't wait to get the Savvy arms on. I had the Rokmen equivalent on my 97, and loved them. Soooo much flex!

Reactions: JP13
Damn auto-correct, haha!

If my Rubicon lockers ever fail, I'm definitely going to get the Eaton e-lockers. My buddy has them and I just love them!

Yep. Savvy and Currie are my fav. I have the Currie 4" lift, but the Savvy arms are basically the same thing, just aluminum (which looks cool).

Damn auto-correct, haha!

If my Rubicon lockers ever fail, I'm definitely going to get the Eaton e-lockers. My buddy has them and I just love them!

Yep. Savvy and Currie are my fav. I have the Currie 4" lift, but the Savvy arms are basically the same thing, just aluminum (which looks cool).
Yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards the Eaton lockers... I just like the idea of not having air lines etc.
For now I just carry a Viair 88p portable compressor for the "Just in case" moments ;)

Yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards the Eaton lockers... I just like the idea of not having air lines etc.
For now I just carry a Viair 88p portable compressor for the "Just in case" moments ;)

That's why I want them. Just a simple wiring job and then you never have to worry about it.

I cary my Viair 400P with me everywhere we go, and that has proven to be more than sufficient for any and all of my needs.

That's why I want them. Just a simple wiring job and then you never have to worry about it.

I cary my Viair 400P with me everywhere we go, and that has proven to be more than sufficient for any and all of my needs.
Yep, good stuff! I picked up the 88p becuase of the 45% duty cycle - which is pretty darn good for the lower end model!
I will be getting a better one eventually, but this one is good for now.

All I've really been using mine for is to inflate or deflate tires (which it does just fine on my 33" tires).

I'v come to appreciate it's small size, and the cool "kit" it comes with, including the carrying bag and accessories.

I'm sure the 88p can get the job done just fine!

Grade A California BEEF!
I'm starting to get excited now that the parts are starting to pile up...
Got a decent deal on a full set of "Slightly loved" Savvy arms... The Beef!
IMG_20170104_134738.jpg

Why are they so dirty? Did you buy them used?

Those look awesome though!

Why are they so dirty? Did you buy them used?

Those look awesome though!
"Got a decent deal on a full set of "Slightly loved" Savvy arms..."
Yep, used until the guy switched to the mid-arm kit. His brother works at Savvy, apparently. It was a lot better than paying 1200!

Reactions: Chris
"Got a decent deal on a full set of "Slightly loved" Savvy arms..."
Yep, used until the guy switched to the mid-arm kit. His brother works at Savvy, apparently. It was a lot better than paying 1200!

Damn, that's a great find then! And obviously they were going to get dirty anyways. I was just hoping you didn't buy them "new" and then they showed up all dirty like that. I would be calling someone up if that was the case, haha.

Damn, that's a great find then! And obviously they were going to get dirty anyways. I was just hoping you didn't buy them "new" and then they showed up all dirty like that. I would be calling someone up if that was the case, haha.
Hah! Yeah, I would definitely have an issue if I paid full price ;)
As it is, though, I'm very pleased with the deal - and better to have the full set!
I'm getting pricing on the Savvy tcase skid/belly up and an sye/driveshaft combo now. Hopefully, I'll have all the parts I need for this stage before the weekend!

That will be cool! The next thing I am doing is getting the full Savvy under armor as well. It's one hell of a nice setup!

That will be cool! The next thing I am doing is getting the full Savvy under armor as well. It's one hell of a nice setup!
Nice! I'm just getting the tcase part right now, working around my budget at the moment. But, I definitely plan on getting the other bits also. I have an oil pan skid on now that will help until I complete the set.

I'm doing the same thing and only getting the transfer case skid. I'll add the other pieces as I can afford it (like you said).

Properly installed and routed ARB air lines are no more a problem than your brake lines, electrical wiring, or fuel lines are. Not to mention if you snag the E-Locker's power cable it'd have the same issue you're worried about with the ARB. If $$$ is not a serious problem I'd go for ARB with its sterling reputation any day over the E-Locker. :)

Properly installed and routed ARB air lines are no more a problem than your brake lines, electrical wiring, or fuel lines are. Not to mention if you snag the E-Locker's power cable it'd have the same issue you're worried about with the ARB. If $$$ is not a serious problem I'd go for ARB with its sterling reputation any day over the E-Locker. :)
Definitely true, which is why I have a hard time deciding.
Luckily, that part of the build will be after I switch axles, most likely. (I do like ARB stuff!)

Definitely true, which is why I have a hard time deciding.
Luckily, that part of the build will be after I switch axles, most likely. (I do like ARB stuff!)

I have run ARB on two YJs. Never had a problem with either one. "WHEN" the fugisan lockers in Stinger give up the ghost ARB is going in!

Winner winner chicken dinner!
The rest of my parts came in, and I pick them up tomorrow!
There's a Tom Woods drive shaft with it also, just not in the pic.
Things are starting to shape up!
IMG_6923.jpg