Stahlbus vs Fumoto vs EZ Oil Drain Valves

Igoo65

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Is anyone using the above mentioned oil drain valves? Is one better than the other? Is there any problems associated with them? I have a MORE engine/ transmission skid plate and I would like to keep oil change mess to a minimum. Are there any other ways to handle oil changes when you have a skid plate?
Thanks,
Igoo65

Fumoto. I thought the spring lever would jam with debris and become useless but I never had an issue with it.

Reactions: Igoo65
I've used Fumoto for many years on my TJ and JK and off-roaded with them without issue and never had them clog up or anything. Never tried any alternatives. They came out with a right-angle one for the TJ that puts the drain off to the side instead of pointing down which I like, seems to give it a little more clearance.

This guy right here.

I used the Fumoto along with the Skid Row engine skid plate on my previous TJ. Always used a hose to drain directly into a jug. Had good luck with it in the two years I had it.

I've used Fumoto for many years on my TJ and JK and off-roaded with them without issue and never had them clog up or anything. Never tried any alternatives. They came out with a right-angle one for the TJ that puts the drain off to the side instead of pointing down which I like, seems to give it a little more clearance.

This guy right here.
I like that angled design but why they removed the barbed hose connection the straight Fumoto has? I"d switch to that angled design which puts its output out to the side but I need to be able to connect a drain hose to it due to my engine skid that's in the way.

There's also the No Spill system. We sell both but this system is more popular for the big rigs. You unscrew the knurled cap and thread the drain hose which starts the draining process. The drain hoses come in different angles if you need.

https://www.nospillsystems.com/index.cfm
RaymondT, thanks for the information. I like that design. Unfortunately I ordered an EZ-oil drain earlier today. I will try it out, if I don’t like it, I will give yours a shot.
Igoo65

Reactions: NOLAJeep
Anyone have experience with the Valvomax oil drain valve system?

I like the short profile as compared to Fumoto or EZ. I've got a UCF Engine skid, so I don't want the drain assembly to extend beyond the skid, as that would kind of defeat the purpose. May try the EZ valve with the straight hose fitting and then I can remove the hose fitting between oil changes if it ends up being too long.

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with the Valvomax oil drain valve system?

I like the short profile as compared to Fumoto or EZ. I've got a UCF Engine skid, so I don't want the drain assembly to extend beyond the skid, as that would kind of defeat the purpose. May try the EZ valve with the straight hose fitting and then I can remove the hose fitting between oil changes if it ends up being too long.

I have a UCF skid and a Fumoto.
The short nipple version has a snap on hose barb.
https://www.fumotousa.com/f101s.html

Reactions: LJBean