STaK's Transfer Case Speed Sensor

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
I need to replace the speed sensor for my STaK's Monster Box 3 speed transfer case.
The wires going into it are frayed.
So I'm trying to figure out what application they used. I have to guess that they used one that was an off the shelf type unit.
Here is what it looks like. I am wondering if it might be the stock Rubicon speed sensor?

20210911_111251.jpg

And here are the measurements I got from it.

20210911_112428.jpg

Here are the wires and of course there in a spot I can't repair.

20210911_112703.jpg

Does anyone have a Rubicon speed sensor that they could measure?

Thanks

OK found numbers on the side. Duh.....

20210911_115546.jpg

When I searched the top number it comes up as a crankshaft sensor.
This doesn't look anything like the crankshaft sensor for my V-8.

Everything points to the HARD to find Rubicon t-case speed sensor. I found a used one on Ebay so I ordered it and will try it out.

While I know I'm the ONLY person here (as far as I know) that has a STaK's transfer case I figured I'd update this anyhow.

Got the used speed sensor I bought off Ebay today and YES it is the same as the one that is on there now. So this is figured out.

20210916_182533.jpg

While I know I'm the ONLY person here (as far as I know) that has a STaK's transfer case I figured I'd update this anyhow.

Got the used speed sensor I bought off Ebay today and YES it is the same as the one that is on there now. So this is figured out.

View attachment 277333

Man, that’s great information. My speedometer sensor is out as well and I can’t find one anywhere. I just started on this forum today and found your post and I really appreciate it. That is the exact one that I need. I guess I’ll try eBay as well unless you have any other direct purchase retail place I could buy it for him. Thank you.

Reactions: Wildman
Man, that’s great information. My speedometer sensor is out as well and I can’t find one anywhere. I just started on this forum today and found your post and I really appreciate it. That is the exact one that I need. I guess I’ll try eBay as well unless you have any other direct purchase retail place I could buy it for him. Thank you.

I bought some of the Ebay sensors also. I haven't had a chance to test any of them out yet.