Stalling in drive through

Wes london

Ok so on top of the key switch problem,
There is a random stalling while trying to go through a drive through. Replaced plugs and still does it. Cleaned out throttle body. Still persists. Ordered tps and map sensor. Wrong ones came in.

Few months ago I replaced the muffler and catalytic converter. Also no check engine light. Scanned it and no codes.

Kinda stumped.

Yeah, it could very well be a dirty IAC (a very common issue). It's basically a free (if not super cheap) fix.

I'm having the same problems with my jeep I have a 05 tj, I'm used to a carb on my toys what is IAC valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having the same problems with my jeep I have a 05 tj, I'm used to a carb on my toys what is IAC valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idle Air Controller.

Check this out: How to clean your IAC on a Jeep Wrangler TJ

I'd really give that a try. It's pretty much free, easy as hell to do, and many, many people report great success after cleaning it out. It's one of those notorious little 'issues' with the TJ.

Took it apart, cleaned it up pretty damn good. Housing and everything. Took for a test drive. Idle drops like it wants to stall. Doesn't stall but almost.

I have not cleaned my IAC yet since my original post-was truthfully going to today but it was only 40 degrees here and put it off so long, a little more time won't hurt- the IAC, so, this controls both low and high idle issues? This site is awesome to discuss all these issues-you more experienced guys with us less. The stall at the drive through would give me a gut feeling of an o2 sensor. That's why I'll always feel like a rookie. And btw I have rtv that I will use for mating even if not needed.

Yeah I gave them a loot but the one that looked th worst was the pcv valve hose. Sadly I found a tranny leak after my hour long test drive. Easy to get to though. Lower part of the radiator.

On a positive note the throttle is super responsive now. Doesn't rev all over the place getting on the highway and maintaining speeds. So the wife will give it a ride tomorrow and see if it is better. It just may be a weak Iac and needs replacement.

Reactions: Chris
Ordered a new Iac. Wrong size?

image.jpg

Not yet. All the parts I kept ordering were wrong. Come to find out it's an 96 motor. So the early 97 motors were 96 Cherokees. Now I need to get those parts.

Tried those parts as well. Different map sensor. Only one I can find that fits the harness and throttle body is a 96 Cherokee 2.5

Not yet. All the parts I kept ordering were wrong. Come to find out it's an 96 motor. So the early 97 motors were 96 Cherokees. Now I need to get those parts.

How's the fuel pressure? I had a similar issue on both my jeep and the wife's. No codes. Ended up being the fuel pumps. It won't throw a code. I think her jeep gets jealous when I put new parts in mine so hers usually acts up right after mine does. It did what yours is doing. Do a fuel pressure test and see what it does. You can rent a tester at autozone or kragens and get your money back when you return it so no loss if that isn't the issue.