Star Trek

I don't know. The Star Wars prequels were duds, and the current trilogy was an epic piece of garbage with the most unoriginal story ever.

Star Wars has yet to turn out anything solid other than the novels or some of the video games (i.e. KOTOR).

For real. That was awful. Plus Captain Kirk just aimlessly cruises the galaxy punchin guys in the jaw and banging hot aliens. Dude's a real hero.
181248-i-cant-hear-you-over-the-sound-of-how-awesome-i-am.jpg

Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s I think the TNG is the best trek of them all. But I also like the original series. But I don’t understand why everything after that goes backwards instead of forward. I would love to see the next Enterprise with the occasional guest star like a admiral Riker and other original cast members While they are still around to tie it all in.

Reactions: psrivats
Growing up in the 80’s and 90’s I think the TNG is the best trek of them all. But I also like the original series. But I don’t understand why everything after that goes backwards instead of forward. I would love to see the next Enterprise with the occasional guest star like a admiral Riker and other original cast members While they are still around to tie it all in.
That's down to marketing and restrictions on the IP, they will choose the parts of the franchise which has the most well known characters, even normies have heard of Kirk and Spock, plus once you go forward and hit the 29 century, technology becomes a bit too advance to write anything for.

The Picard show has gone forward and tied in a few characters but very little about that show resembles the state the alpha quadrant was in during Next Gen.

Reactions: chad
Star Trek was classic 60's sci-fi. Star Wars was classic 70s/80s sci-fi. My opinion is there is no comparison between the two because of that.

Reactions: N757KF