Start Problem

Noppes

TJ Enthusiast
Like i said i am from Germany so please be pasion with my english .
Myself and a Friend have both a 2003 tj 4.0 l .with the same Problem .
When we turn the Starter key after a few Days the Motor turn and turn but will not start .
But by the 2 Time turning the key he starts directly and run for a short Time a little shaking but than evering is ok .
And this Problem we have on both Tj ? But no Foult Message .
We clean allready Throttle Flaps ,change the Sensors on the flap , change Sparke Plugs , swap Injectors .
Does someone have an Solution for this Problem

Wenn Sie sagen, dass der Motor nicht das erste Mal, wenn Sie versuchen, starten wird, aber nach dem zweiten Mal starten versuchen Sie dann klingt es wie Sie eine Kraftstoffpumpe oder BrennstoffreglerProblem haben kann. Die Kraftstoffschiene nicht unter Druck bleiben , weil der Kraftstoff zu dem Behälter austritt zurück .

If you are saying that the engine will not start the first time you try but will start after the second time you try then it sounds like you may have a fuel pump or fuel regulator problem. The fuel rail is not staying pressurized because the fuel is leaking back to the tank.

What makes us Crazy is that we have the same Problem on 2 Tj on same Time . :(
We think about the Gaspump allready but ether one of us wont Start to take ghe Gastank down :)
Is there no Fitting to put a Manometer to see if the Pressure is dropping after some Time ?
sorry for my English

What makes us Crazy is that we have the same Problem on 2 Tj on same Time . :(
We think about the Gaspump allready but ether one of us wont Start to take ghe Gastank down :)
Is there no Fitting to put a Manometer to see if the Pressure is dropping after some Time ?
sorry for my English

Chect die Kraftstoffschiene , um zu sehen , ob Sie den Testanschluss im Bild haben . Einige Jahre hatte sie nicht. Wenn es dort kann ein Messgerät angeschlossen werden, um den Kraftstoffdruck zu überwachen, um zu sehen, ob es wieder austritt .
pressure-test-port.jpg

Chect the fuel rail to see if you have the test port in the picture. Certain years did not have them. If it's there a gauge can be connected to monitor the fuel pressure to see if it leaks back.

No we dont have

Dieser Adapter Schlauch kann mit dem Kraftstoffsystem hinzugefügt werden, in dem die Kraftstoffleitung zu dem Kraftstoffverteiler verbindet . Dann kann ein Messgerät zu Testzwecken hinzugefügt werden .

Ist die Deutsch Übersetzung helfen?

http://www.handsontools.com/Miller-Mopar-Tools-6539A-Fuel-Pressure-Test-Adapter-_p_17820.html

This adapter hose can be added to the fuel system where the fuel line connects to the fuel rail. Then a gauge can be added for test purposes.

What brand of fuel pump i shut buy ?

Die originalen Treibstoffpumpen in unserem Jeeps weer von Bosch hergestellt, also wenn man einen Bosch Ersatz finden kann, der am besten wäre.

The original fuel pumps in our Jeeps were manufactured by Bosch so if you can locate a Bosch replacement that would be best.

Last edited:
So better change komplett or only the Regulator on top of the Pump

Das ist dein Anruf, aber die Pumpe ist jetzt 14 Jahre alt, also würdest du wohl besser sein, die gesamte Pumpe zu ersetzen.

That's your call but the pump is now 14 years old so you would probably be better off replacing the entire pump.