Starter wiring

Galippo

I Have a 97 Wrangler and a year or so ago the key wouldn’t turn it over so I put in the start button to start it and I fix the ignition switch and now I’m not sure where to put back the wire from the starter if I touch + battery it turns over anybody know where that would go , there’s a wire coming out of fuse box from starter relay but no work
Replaced relay and still not working
B1FE9D80-25BF-4D50-9A12-DE046C5D97B5.jpeg
F1CA9EAC-FCAD-455E-BE22-ABEABBF7788B.jpeg

I don't have that exact setup (I don't think) but I presume the connector you are holding goes to the starter...where does the wire go? It looks like the wire was cut.

I don't have that exact setup (I don't think) but I presume the connector you are holding goes to the starter...where does the wire go? It looks like the wire was cut.

Thanks for responding

Yes the top picture comes from starter if it touches positive it starts

The second picture wire comes from fuse box’s I connected them and get nothing when trying to start, this wire looks like it comes from starter relay switch. I had it connected to - Ground on battery I thought by mistake but now I’m not sure

Just looking for any other options I can rig a push button but would like to get the key working
Thanks for any input

I don't know if this helps or not but the connector you are holding is C104 and its wire runs from the Starter Motor Relay to the Starter Motor. (That's why the starter engages when power is applied) This circuit is also fused #6 with a 30a fuse in the PDC so that wire needs to be fixed. Since the switch does not work I would suspect the fuse then the relay.

If don't have them the manuals can be downloaded in the FAQ section and the schematic is 8W - 10 - 13 (pg 622 or so).

I hope this helps

I don't know if this helps or not but the connector you are holding is C104 and its wire runs from the Starter Motor Relay to the Starter Motor. (That's why the starter engages when power is applied) This circuit is also fused #6 with a 30a fuse in the PDC so that wire needs to be fixed. Since the switch does not work I would suspect the fuse then the relay.

If don't have them the manuals can be downloaded in the FAQ section and the schematic is 8W - 10 - 13 (pg 622 or so).

I hope this helps

Thanks for the input
Well all the fuses are good I tried replacing the relay and nothing I replaced ignition switch in steering column and nothing
There is a small wire coming off the ground not sure we’re that would go I thought it went to the wire for starter relay
Could that have jacked something up the wire that comes from relay to negative on battery no fuses blown

Thanks for your input

I hope, by now, you've figured out the wiring of the starter.

But, in case you haven't, the cut wire (in your top image) connected to the starter goes to pin 87 on the Engine Starter Motor Relay (cavity D14 shown below).

Look at the image below. The starter relay (plugged in) is the top left relay. Its pin layout is exactly like the empty relay space below it. Notice the red circle. That is pin 87. Find the wire in that slot of the starter relay. (It should be a 12 gauge brown wire.) That's where the cut wire goes. I hope this helps.