Florida Stay Safe Florida Jeepers

Rooscooter

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
I hope everyone in the path of this storm is prepared and stays safe. Looks like it could be a dangerous one.

1664303229660.png

Reactions: voodooridr
Hurricanes suck. I hate them. The last one wasn't even all that bad, but our power was out for six days, and gasoline could not be found for at least four.

We do have a generator and close to fifty gallons of fuel. But the genny won't power the well pump, or the central air. Got a little window unit in the spare bedroom at least.

I'm here in Sarasoat ready for they eye to go over my house. Im boarded up and ready. Im not looking foreward to no power for a while, because it's hard to sleep in an eighty degree house. The Jeep is tucked away in the garage while new cars are outside begging to be saved

Ready as I can get, I work for the school board here in central Florida and we just finished setting up 5 of my schools for shelters, just hope all goes well. Been here my whole life 54 years and ridden everyone out so far.

My son lives in Port Charlotte and was hit fairly hard with the Hurricane IAN.
They lost power early Wednesday morning due to local transformers exploding and are still without power 6 days later.
Prior to the storm reaching land; my son packed up, installed hurricane shutters and moved inland about 5 miles staying with the wife's family.
His wife's relatives have lived in the Port Charlotte area since the 70's and have been thru many hurricanes; so they were prepared.
There was a lot of damage and flooding in the surrounding areas; my sons house did receive some damage, but their house damage was minimal in comparison to the neighbors.
He and the family are doing; they are looking forward to getting on with repairs and returning to normal.

Many thanks go out to Gov. DeSantis, the Nat'l Guard, local police and FEMA for helping the survivors and keeping Florida residents safe.

Reactions: Jamison C
It is crazy here with damage. My pool cage got bent up and tossed into the pool. No power for three days. Every day Chanook helicopters overhead bringing troops and supplies. Our governor is great, but they are trying to chip away at him